We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Bar recommendations in the Mission District

UK
Level Contributor
269 posts
Save Topic
Bar recommendations in the Mission District

Hi,

We are planning on eating at Gracias Madre on our trip to SF in March, we will be catching the BART to 16th & Mission and strolling to a coupling of blocks to the restaurant. Afterwards we would like to check out some bars for a few drinks in the Mission District, could anybody suggested some places that we should go to, we are pretty open to all suggestions however not too keen on dance music or clubs as rock/metal/punk is more our thing but this doesn't always influence our bar choice. We are and partial to a quality cocktail or two.

Thanks

Si

Mentioned in this post
Gracias Madre
Gracias Madre
389 Reviews
San Francisco, CA
Mission District
Mission District
451 Reviews
San Francisco, CA
San Francisco...
Level Contributor
5,628 posts
170 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Bar recommendations in the Mission District

You cant get more metal or punk rock than Zeitgeist at Valencia and Duboce

www.zeitgeistsf.com

Second choice would be Kilowatt on 16th between Mission and Valencia

San Francisco...
Level Contributor
1,289 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Bar recommendations in the Mission District

For a more upscale, mixology-type experience, visit Laszlo next to Foreign Cinema on Mission between 21st and 22nd.

http://laszlobar.com

There are plenty of bars in the area - Dalva on 16th would be a good choice as well. Head west to Valencia and start walking south for many others.

Mentioned in this post
Foreign Cinema
Foreign Cinema
830 Reviews
San Francisco, CA
San Francisco...
Level Contributor
12 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Bar recommendations in the Mission District

I second Zeitgeist. If it's nice out I would go there pre dinner and hang out on their outdoor patio. If the Tamale Lady is there make sure to try one.

I would also check out Doc's clock for cocktails and Monk's kettle (near 16th and Valencia) if you like beer. They have an extensive beer list and tasty food.

Fremont, California
Destination Expert
for San Francisco
Level Contributor
29,588 posts
6,177 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Bar recommendations in the Mission District

Great ideas

if you do decide on dinner among the bar stops

Foreign Cinema by Lazlo has good food and fun environment (wait until dusk or dark when the move is show on the patio walls.)

http://www.foreigncinema.com/

Mentioned in this post
Foreign Cinema
Foreign Cinema
830 Reviews
San Francisco, CA
sf
Level Contributor
3,606 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Bar recommendations in the Mission District

If you like Craft Breweries check out Southern Pacific Brewing Company in the Mission at 19th & Treat, its a 2yr old place witha nice vibe near 16th st BART, but I'd recommend a TAXI to leave a at night.

I like Foreign Cinema for the restaurant, but wouldn't stop there for the bar unless dining at the place. Agree on Monks Kettle and a few others on 16th St.

Mentioned in this post
Foreign Cinema
Foreign Cinema
830 Reviews
San Francisco, CA
6. Re: Bar recommendations in the Mission District

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 26 February 2015, 05:19