We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Cable Cars

Swindon, United...
Level Contributor
15 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Cable Cars

Can anyone tell me how much the current fare is on a cable car please? I am seeing conflicting prices online, even on what look like official sites. Some say $5 per trip, others say $6. Also, there is confusion over whether you have to give the right money or whether they can give you change. I am visiting in May 2014.

Thanks!

San Francisco Bay
Level Contributor
3,103 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Cable Cars

$6 per passenger for cable cars. They say "please have small bills available" so you might be able to use a $20 if you're willing to wait for your change until they build their supply up from other customers.

You can also buy a 1, 3 or 7 day Muni Visitor Pass for unlimited bus, cable car, or trolley rides.

Please see

sfmta.com/getting-around/…visitor-day-passes

for Muni transportation information

San Francisco...
Destination Expert
for San Francisco
Level Contributor
6,047 posts
168 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Cable Cars

This is also a good resource: https:/…how-to-cable-cars

Swindon, United...
Level Contributor
15 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Cable Cars

Thank you - I was hoping a local person would reply! This is very useful.

Swindon, United...
Level Contributor
15 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Cable Cars

Thanks for this. I will have a look.

Kirkcaldy
Level Contributor
618 posts
79 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Cable Cars

I would recommend a muni passport as you can cover the cost very quickly using cable cars, buses and f-line trolley. A citypass may even meet your needs for transport and attractions

Swindon, United...
Level Contributor
15 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Cable Cars

Thanks - I will look into this.

San Francisco
Level Contributor
36,629 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Cable Cars

There is talk of the F line fare being raised to $6. Might not occur before May, but if it does, most definitely get a Passport. (Frankly, even if they don't pay for themselves economically, the convenience factor is huge and they aren't that expensive.)

Swindon, United...
Level Contributor
15 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Cable Cars

Thank you - I appreciate the tip!

9. Re: Cable Cars

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 05 March 2015, 06:15