We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

San Fran 3 nights

London, United...
Level Contributor
24 posts
1 review
Save Topic
San Fran 3 nights

Me and a friend are in San Fran as the 3rd stop of a trip we have a reservation made for the fusion but thinking this is a bit more than we wanted to spend we are only looking to spend around $100- $150 per night! We are there from the 25th

San Francisco
Level Contributor
36,629 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: San Fran 3 nights

The 25th of ....? March?

If indeed you mean March, then keep whatever reservation you have as starting on March 26 are two large conventions which expect a total of 40,000 people. Now, of course, some of those attendees live in the area, but SF has fewer than 35,000 rooms.

$100-150 a night is the best you'll be able to do in town, pretty much. And keep in mind that hotel tax is ~16%.

If you don't mind sharing bathrooms, then check the hostels or the San Remo hotel in North Beach.

London, United...
Level Contributor
24 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: San Fran 3 nights

Sorry no the 25th June

San Francisco
Level Contributor
36,629 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: San Fran 3 nights

Well, what I said still goes. Over those dates there are two conventions totaling 19,000 attendees ... plus it's into the summer season.

If you continue to look around (and my suggestions of hostels and the San Remo still are on) be sure not to let the Fusion reservation go until you have *confirmed* an alternate.

For any lurkers, here's the convention calendar. Perhaps it's the upswing in the economy but there are more large meetings here lately than I've seen in awhile: …sanfrancisco.travel/calendar_public/…

4. Re: San Fran 3 nights

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 07 March 2015, 05:28