We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

cost of sweat shirt /fleece jacket in sanfrancisco

Which San Francisco hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
New Delhi, India
9 posts
Save Topic
cost of sweat shirt /fleece jacket in sanfrancisco

I am travelling to Sanfrancisco in May. How much should I expect a fleece jacket/sweat shirt to be in Times Sq or in China Town. Also tell me what souvenirs to shop for in the 2 places.

San Francisco...
Destination Expert
for San Francisco
Level Contributor
49,288 posts
149 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: cost of sweat shirt /fleece jacket in sanfrancisco

why don't you come and have a look and see what takes your fancy. I think you mean Union Square as times square is in New York. People take magnets, shirts, replicas of the bridges, just walk around and see what you like. Quality of shirts varies - you can get really cheap sweat shirts which are guaranteed to not shrink if not washed or you can purchase real warm good quality ones -- most will be made by your neighbor China.

Minnesota, USA
Level Contributor
713 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: cost of sweat shirt /fleece jacket in sanfrancisco

There is a store on Pier 39 (Fisherman's Wharf) called "Only in San Francisco". They sell inexpensive fleece jackets for around $15.00-$20.00 (maybe even cheaper)-they quality is actualy very good! I bought two of them several years ago and am still wearing them! They also sell tons of other souveniers at very good prices!

New Delhi, India
9 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: cost of sweat shirt /fleece jacket in sanfrancisco

Thanks a lot

San Francisco
Level Contributor
36,629 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: cost of sweat shirt /fleece jacket in sanfrancisco

Chinatown probably has the cheapest junk ... I mean stuff. Not necessarily quality but I see 10 t-shirts for $10 there often.

Sunnyvale...
Destination Expert
for San Jose
Level Contributor
5,992 posts
119 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: cost of sweat shirt /fleece jacket in sanfrancisco

If you want good value in the area, look for Sportsbasement for these kinds of clothes. That's where locals might go. The touristy stuff is touristy in quality.

What's a good souvenir? I suppose it would be something from the area like apparel logo'd with Harley Davidson's motorcycle, SF 49'ers football, San Jose Sharks, etc. For good quality, you can be sure that the prices will be marked-up sky-high because of licensing.

Edited: 06 March 2014, 16:30
sf
Level Contributor
3,298 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: cost of sweat shirt /fleece jacket in sanfrancisco

You'll also usually find this stuff at Walgreens on Powell up the street from the cable car stop for less than the Wharf.

San Francisco...
Level Contributor
1,289 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: cost of sweat shirt /fleece jacket in sanfrancisco

There's also the flagship Old Navy store at Fourth and Market which carries a lot of this type of clothing at very competitive prices.

Southwest
Level Contributor
1,745 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: cost of sweat shirt /fleece jacket in sanfrancisco

The Cable Car Museum had a great selection of unique items last time I was there. Loved the museum too.

Southwest
Level Contributor
1,745 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: cost of sweat shirt /fleece jacket in sanfrancisco

The Cable Car Museum had a great selection of unique items last time I was there. Loved the museum too.

New Delhi, India
9 posts
Save Reply
10. Re: cost of sweat shirt /fleece jacket in sanfrancisco

Where/ which store in particular in China Town?