We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Help with Booking Tours

Which San Francisco hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Saskatoon, Canada
Level Contributor
249 posts
4 reviews
Save Topic
Help with Booking Tours

I have tried booking 2 tours through guideyou.com and I am unable to complete the order because of the following message:

"Some required information is missing or incorrect. Please correct the fields below and try again.

• Error: Invalid Merchant or Merchant doesn't exist!"

Has anyone else had problems booking through this company or isn't it legit? I have filled in all information and there are no fields showing that need to be completed. I appreciate any help.

San Francisco Bay
Level Contributor
3,088 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Help with Booking Tours

What kind of attractions are you wanting to visit? It is entirely possible to see most of the popular tourist sights on your own without leaving behind this much money. For instance, you can book Alcatraz cruises at the only official site

Www.Alcatrazcruises.com

up to 90 days prior. For $37/adult and less for kids.

Regarding this guide company, Bay City Guide, the parent company, is legitimate though, as far as I know.

Try again?

Pacifica, California
Destination Expert
for Pacifica
Level Contributor
8,569 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Help with Booking Tours

I've never heard of them, but that doesn't mean anything.

At what point do you get the message? Every so often I read of people having problems completing transactions if they're from outside the US, so I'm wondering if that's the problem.

There are all kinds of tour companies in SF, so if you get frustrated with guideyou.com, you could try those. Extranomical comes to mind, and Dylan's is also popular.

Saskatoon, Canada
Level Contributor
249 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Help with Booking Tours

Thanks for your help. I have done much research and this company offers tours that cover exactly what we are looking for. It might possibly be that I am booking from another country. I will keep trying.

San Francisco...
Destination Expert
for San Francisco
Level Contributor
48,164 posts
149 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Help with Booking Tours

Guideyou may just be a broker and not a local tour company. If you want to use brokers please contact the company directly

Not sure how we can help

San Francisco, Ca
Level Contributor
13,518 posts
74 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Help with Booking Tours

GuideYou is a broker (like Viator), not the actual tour operator. You could try Googling the tour description to see if you can uncover the actual tour operator and book directly with them. Or call GuideYou at (415) 775 1200 to book.

Down Under
Destination Expert
for San Francisco
Level Contributor
7,210 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Help with Booking Tours

Guide You have been around for years and completely safe to book through.

They book tours for operators who advertise in their magazine___Bay City Guide and usually at a small discount.

Obviously they have a website problem at present.

Which tours are you trying to book. Have a look at the tours and you can usually work out which operator it is and you can book directly with them as Susan suggested.

Let me know the tours and I can probably tell you who the operator is.

7. Re: Help with Booking Tours

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 13 March 2015, 05:17