We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

cost of meals in san Francisco

Northants
Level Contributor
56 posts
16 reviews
Save Topic
cost of meals in san Francisco

We will be staying overnight in S.F.before starting a cruise.

We are due to arrive mid afternoon and leave next day in the afternoon. Can anyone suggest where to have meals,apart from in The Hilton Bayfront Hotel; as it is usually room only that's included in a package.

I want to budget for what dollars we may need prior and after our cruise, which will finish at Fort Lauderdale.

San Francisco...
Destination Expert
for San Francisco
Level Contributor
54,301 posts
149 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: cost of meals in san Francisco

Err which state and city are you going to ? There is no Hilton bayfront hotel in SF and Fort Lauderdale is in Florida and SF is in California ?

Cost of meals -- breakfast 3-8 bucks. Lunch 5-10 bucks Dinner 15-50 -- All depends on your tastes and choice of meals and restaurant

Scottsdale, Arizona
Level Contributor
4,974 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: cost of meals in san Francisco

What do you want to eat? You can eat for peanuts in Chinatown, get a burrito the size of a football in the Mission District, eat fresh roasted turkey, ham or beef with sides for about ten bucks at Lefty O'Douls, or you could go to one of the gourmet tastings with prices that will make your hair fall out. A little more info about what you seek please.

Santa Cruz...
Destination Expert
for Santa Cruz
Level Contributor
32,665 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: cost of meals in san Francisco

I think OP posted in the wrong forum.

Dublin, California
Level Contributor
21,738 posts
47 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: cost of meals in san Francisco

There is no Hilton bayfront hotel in SF

----------

Sure there is. OK not in SF but the Hilton at Burlingame is called Hilton San Francisco Airport Bayfront.

To OP that hotel is not in SF and not near the cruise port. As for daily expense, I'd suggest you budget $100 per person per day, as a starting point.

Corona del Mar, CA
Destination Expert
for San Diego, Orange County, California
Level Contributor
55,604 posts
422 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: cost of meals in san Francisco

If you are staying at the Hilton Bayfront Burlingame by the airport, you have very limited options for eating unless you cab to downtown Burlingame.

http://goo.gl/maps/JW6Cr

If it IS the Hilton Bayfront Burlingame I'd switch hotels to something much closer to the cruise port where you would also have a huge variety of places to eat at any cost you choose.

Northants
Level Contributor
56 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: cost of meals in san Francisco

Sorry to correct you, but that hotel is near the airport and full name is Hilton S.F. Airport Bayfront Hotel. I did say our cruise ends in Fort Lauderdale, which is where Queen Victoria sails to after passing through the Panama Canal; but thank you for the prices.

San Francisco
Level Contributor
36,629 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: cost of meals in san Francisco

That hotel is 15 miles outside the city limits, 25 from downtown and close to 30 to the cruise pier. Your post indicated that you were staying "in San Francisco." Sorry to correct you, but you're not staying in SF. If you had provided the complete name of the hotel we would have identified it.

I agree with #5, you would be better off to find a hotel that IS actually located in San Francisco.

Washington State
Destination Expert
for Yosemite National Park
Level Contributor
64,638 posts
114 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: cost of meals in san Francisco

Where do you want to stay? In San Francisco? Near the cruise terminal? Near the airport?

Are you seeking dining options near your hotel in Burlingame or are you going into San Francisco for dining?

Forestville, CA
Level Contributor
11,235 posts
56 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: cost of meals in san Francisco

If you eat in San Francisco and it's not a burrito or deli sandwich or from a hot dog stand or noodle house....you can expect to pay about $30 for lunch (for 2), not counting drinks, tax and tip (20%)...some restaurants also add on employee health care to the bill of 1%-3%. ... San Francisco is a foodie's paradise---with great neighborhood gems---expect to pay high prices if eating in top end joints.

Forestville, CA
Level Contributor
11,235 posts
56 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: cost of meals in san Francisco

ok...perhaps a little less...but a nice salad is 12 bucks....a warm meal like pasta $14-$15....so if you plan on about $20 (total) per adult for a sit down lunch...i think that's about right. If it's less, yipee!