We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

help with Itinerary

Which San Francisco hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Troy, Ohio
7 posts
Save Topic
help with Itinerary

My husband and I are bringing our 3 kids ages 5 1/2, 7, 9 to San francisco Jul 1-5. I am wanting some help putting an Itinerary together. We are planning on getting City Pass with Alcatraz option and doing Monterey Aquarium after Yosemite. Here is a tentative -

Day 1- Land at 12:22pm- Cab to Courtyard Fishermans Wharf- lunch In n Out Burger

walk up telegraph hill to coit tower then on to North Beach - Chinatown- fortune COokie Factory- Lombard Street

Day 2-Breakfast Hollywood Cafe. Alcatraz Tour, Exploratorium-fishermans wharf- Ghirardelli square

Day 3-- California Academy of science-- Golden Gate Bridge/park - painted laides- Sausalito

Day 4-Rent bikes?- Ocean Beach?Pier 39 - -Watch Boat Race?-4th of July Fireworks!

Day 5- Pick up Rental Car- Drive Lombard Street and Golden Gate Bridge.drive to Yosemite

San Francisco
Level Contributor
36,629 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: help with Itinerary

Where were you thinking of renting bikes? Do all the kids ride or where you thinking about a trailer or similar for the 5 1/2 year old? Even for a 7 year old I'd be hesitant to do much biking due to the hills. Out along Crissy Field would be fine. Or perhaps in the Park (although the East side is steeper than one realizes).

Walking up Telegraph Hill may be a lot for small legs. You can catch the 39-Coit on Columbus at Union (at the little triangular park across from Washington Square) although it doesn't run with a lot of frequency.

There is an excellent Top Question (right side of screen, non mobile version of TA) on "Kids in San Francisco." It's brand new and has a long and comprehensive list of things to think about.

Redding, California
Level Contributor
2,310 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: help with Itinerary

I think your SF schedule is a little ambitious for a family. That is a LOT of walking. Consider just two of the attractions you have penciled in for each day.

And I would skip the bikes altogether.

3. Re: help with Itinerary

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 20 March 2015, 05:17