We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Luggage lockers at Pier 33 (Alcatraz)

Tulsa, Oklahoma
2 posts
Save Topic
Luggage lockers at Pier 33 (Alcatraz)

Hi. We will be arriving at SFO in the evening and staying at an airport hotel.

The next morning, we will check out, go up to Pier 33 and go to Alcatraz. We will then rent a car afterward (since parking is supposed to be bad) and go to Santa Rosa that afternoon.

So leaving our bags at the hotel won't work since that would be near the airport (opposite direction).

Are there luggage lockers at or near Pier 33 that we can leave our bags, go to Alcatraz and pick them up after we went a car?

San Jose, California
Destination Expert
for California
Level Contributor
16,567 posts
114 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Luggage lockers at Pier 33 (Alcatraz)

I dont know of any. At anycrate, parking isnt bad in that area, you just have to pay for it. Since you have luggage, I would just get the car in the morning and leave the luggage in the trunk.

Santa Clara...
Level Contributor
22,324 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Luggage lockers at Pier 33 (Alcatraz)

Agree with November. There are parking lots near the waterfront. I would pay a little more for one with good security as you will have your luggage in the trunk. Don't leave anything out. Expect to pay about $20-$30 for parking.

Down Under
Destination Expert
for San Francisco
Level Contributor
7,597 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Luggage lockers at Pier 33 (Alcatraz)

There is luggage storage available at Pier 39. (not lockers)

pier39.com/home/…luggage

Tulsa, Oklahoma
2 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Luggage lockers at Pier 33 (Alcatraz)

Okay -- thank you, everyone! That clears it up for me.

5. Re: Luggage lockers at Pier 33 (Alcatraz)

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 26 March 2015, 05:16