We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Location advise for vacation

Which San Francisco hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Versailles, Kentucky
Level Contributor
39 posts
21 reviews
Save Topic
Location advise for vacation

We are looking at vacation in SF and need advise on these areas. We like to be close to resturants, groceries and live music. We prefer to walk most places. We are looing at Hill st.in the Liberty hill area, 12th avenue near Golden Gate, and a rental on Potomac and Pierce st. All are in wonderful condition. The one near the park, the owners and I have alot in common.

San Francisco...
Destination Expert
for San Francisco
Level Contributor
48,164 posts
149 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Location advise for vacation

hill street would be close to the things you want especially the mission. Potomac and Pierce don't intersect so I guess this is duboce park.

San Francisco
Level Contributor
36,629 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Location advise for vacation

As belo say Potomac and Pierce don't cross, they are parallel to each other. One thing I especially like about this area is how close it is for quick transit downtown.

Hill St. is nice and close to a lot. But it is on a hill!

12th Ave -- which side of Golden Gate Park and what is the cross street. If it's south of the park it would likely be close to the N-Judah line which would get you downtown relatively quickly. On the north side of the park it's a longer haul by bus to downtown.

Versailles, Kentucky
Level Contributor
39 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Location advise for vacation

it's 12th ave and Balboa. The other one is 20 Hill St. Owners of both rentals seem very nice.

San Francisco
Level Contributor
36,629 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Location advise for vacation

Oh, 20 Hill Street puts in on the other side of Guerrero (Hill Street stops for a couple of blocks and starts again). This puts it further away from the streetcar (J-Church) to downtown. But closer to the Mission.

I think the Richmond side of the Park (the north side) is a bit far out. It's an OK area and there is a lot of stuff on Geary and especially Clement but the bus ride to downtown is long and almost always crowded.

It depends on what you want to do but I like the Duboce Park area because it's very convenient and quick to get around from there. And also walking distance to both the Castro and lower Haight.

5. Re: Location advise for vacation

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 28 March 2015, 04:16