We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

motorhome trip itinerary suggestions

London, United...
Level Contributor
22 posts
4 reviews
Save Topic
motorhome trip itinerary suggestions

hi all,

my partner and I have booked flights to/from las vegas for a motorhome road trip. Our trip will be for 25 days (not including days of fights) + 3 nights in LA on our way back to Sydney Australia. Our motorhome is an apparently quite small and the width of a large car - so parking won't be an issue.

We plan to stay in las vegas for a few nights (in hotel) at the start/potentially at the end of the trip but can anyone suggest a great itinerary for our road trip? some things to note:

- we're in our 30s and happy to be 'adventurous' as well as keep on the move to see as much as possible

- We would like to experience small town/country America e.g. see rodeos, line dancing and seeing some vineyards would awesome

- happy to visit larger cities but only if they are a highlight - we're city folk and need a break from the big smoke :) in saying that we're keen to have san fran on our to do list

would a loop stretching out to texas and then back to san fran be too much?

thanks to anyone that can give me a hand in 1st steps of research :)

Heather

Napa, CA
Destination Expert
for Napa
Level Contributor
7,537 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: motorhome trip itinerary suggestions

The road trips forum is what you want. Tell them what time of year.

tripadvisor.com/ShowForum-g1-i12567-Road_Tri…

San Francisco
Level Contributor
36,629 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: motorhome trip itinerary suggestions

Agree that Road Trips is the place you want to be.

That said, if you want to be in SF for any period of time, arrange your itinerary at the beginning or end of this odyssey or the RV will become a millstone around your neck. Parking a car here is challenging enough.

London, United...
Level Contributor
22 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: motorhome trip itinerary suggestions

noted :) thanks both!

have reposted on road trip forum

4. Re: motorhome trip itinerary suggestions

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 30 March 2015, 05:17