We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Grand Hyatt Union Square vs. Hotel Zetta

Kansas City...
Level Contributor
28 posts
Save Topic
Grand Hyatt Union Square vs. Hotel Zetta

Hi there. We are trying to decide between the Grand Hyatt at Union Square and Hotel Zetta. We like the look of both hotels, but love the Hotel Zetta. It's a smaller, more boutique hotel; however it's almost $100 more a night.

Anyone think it's worth the extra money or not?

San Francisco...
Level Contributor
2,441 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Grand Hyatt Union Square vs. Hotel Zetta

Not worth it in my opinion. The Grand Hyatt is in a much better location, overlooking Union Square, and of high quality. The "hip and trendy" style is not my thing, though.

Down Under
Destination Expert
for San Francisco
Level Contributor
7,481 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Grand Hyatt Union Square vs. Hotel Zetta

If you like trendy things and intend hanging around the hotel a lot I guess you would like Zetta but if you want a really good hotel in a really good location then it's the Grand Hyatt.

Personally I would put the $100 a night into some nice restaurants.

San Francisco...
Destination Expert
for San Francisco
Level Contributor
52,437 posts
149 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Grand Hyatt Union Square vs. Hotel Zetta

Apples and oranges -- which one do you prefer

location wise the Grand Hyatt is on Union Square while the Zetta or Milano as most of us know it by is on the busy Market street area . They are about 5-7 mins from each other so location wise it is a wash

Grand Hyatt has some nice view rooms and it is a hyatt property while the zetta is a boutique hotel. What do you like . Check reviews see photos and go with your style

I agree with Wes and Oskar -- Have a nice meal or two or three with the 116 per night you will save (taxes)

Manhattan Beach...
Destination Expert
for Los Angeles, Redondo Beach, Manhattan Beach, Hermosa Beach
Level Contributor
20,600 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Grand Hyatt Union Square vs. Hotel Zetta

Grand Hyatt is our usual choice in SF. Love the location, views of Union Square, ease for getting around.

Have a great time!

5. Re: Grand Hyatt Union Square vs. Hotel Zetta

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 31 March 2015, 06:15