We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Ball Games

Edmonton, Canada
Level Contributor
397 posts
15 reviews
Save Topic
Ball Games

I'm thinking of heading down there Somewhere around Aug 12-16 and want to take in a ball game. Just wondering if I can buy good seats the day of the game or should I purchase them online in advance?

California
Level Contributor
4,220 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Ball Games

Hi - The Giants are in town that week with a day off on the 14th. Definitely buy tix before hand, most games are already almost sold out. You will probably have to buy via a third party vendor, I always use Stub Hub. You will be able to select seats from almost any section based on your budget.

Thousand Oaks...
Destination Expert
for Israel
Level Contributor
11,384 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Ball Games

They can generally be bought on game day but my opinion is to always arrive to a stadium with tickets in hand. It's a much more reliable way to baseball tour.

The White Sox will be in town which will make the games more appealing as the Sox don't visit SF all too often.

Enjoy

Dr. Z

San Francisco...
Destination Expert
for Sacramento, Puerto Vallarta
Level Contributor
15,341 posts
176 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Ball Games

You said "around August 12 to 16." It's not just the White Sox on August 12-13, it's the Phillies on August 15-16. And, as MChiddy said above, the G-men have a day off on Thursday in between those two series.

I just spent a ton yesterday buying the most expensive View Reserved ticket I've ever paid for in 14 seasons at AT&T Park, for the Phillies game on August 16. Couldn't even get one on the Giants site, which was as good as StubHub. Ticket prices will be going up by the day. Market demand, on the sfgiants.com site and it will reflect on StubHub. Season ticket holders sell their seats there and they KNOW what the demand is.

If you are serious about going to a game (as opposed to hanging out outside the ballpark, where you can also get the vibe), do not plan on buying tickets on game day. Don't buy tickets outside the ballpark that day. The Giants sell out every game. Some of the tickets outside the park are scams. It's also illegal to scalp.

Buy tickets in advance, if you actually want to see the game from inside the ballpark.

Edmonton, Canada
Level Contributor
397 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Ball Games

Thanks for the input folks. I will buy my tickets online fairly soon. Looks like I may have to splurge to get some good seats though!!

5. Re: Ball Games

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 11 April 2015, 06:16