We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Beer drinker in Sonoma/Napa

Which San Francisco hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Illinois
Level Contributor
4 posts
13 reviews
Save Topic
Beer drinker in Sonoma/Napa

My husband and I will be staying at Duchamp Hotel in Healdsburg for 2 nights and plan to visit wineries in Sonoma and Napa. Are there any wineries that serve beer as well? My husband is an Irishman and his drink of choice is definitely beer. He's not complaining about going with me from one winery to another, but I'd love to find a venue that serves beer as well.

San Francisco
Level Contributor
36,629 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Beer drinker in Sonoma/Napa

Someone from that area may be along but you might post on Sonoma and/or Napa boards. Something tells me that the liquor license that wineries have might limit what they can serve. But I think there are some artisan breweries in the area that you might consider visiting. (I'm a wino myself so can't suggest anything.)

San Jose, California
Destination Expert
for California
Level Contributor
14,675 posts
104 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Beer drinker in Sonoma/Napa

Yes, lots of craft breweries in the area. What styles of beer does he like?

sf
Level Contributor
3,143 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Beer drinker in Sonoma/Napa

Moon Wineries don't have Craft breweries inside, she's asking for the combo. Maybeshe can find a wine bar in Healdsburg that also serves beer.

Sacramento
Level Contributor
239 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: Beer drinker in Sonoma/Napa

If you want to take a break from the wineries, there are some great breweries in the Sonoma area. Try Bear Republic Brewery right in downtown Healdsburg. You could also travel a short distance to Russian River Brewery in Santa Rosa or Lagunitas in Petaluma. All have great beers and tasty pub grub.

San Francisco
Destination Expert
for San Francisco
Level Contributor
3,759 posts
51 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Beer drinker in Sonoma/Napa

Check out Napa Point Brewing Company, which is just outside of Napa. They have two different labels and he might enjoy doing the tasting flights of each. Or if do happen to pass through Petaluma, the Lagunitas suggestion is a good one.

Napa, CA
Destination Expert
for Napa
Level Contributor
7,196 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Beer drinker in Sonoma/Napa

Wineries generally don't produce beer. Yeast contamination would be a real threat. However, there is one lady who is attempting to do just that in an urban winery near downtown Napa. The brewery and restaurant haven't opened yet but they may be open by the time of your visit.

http://www.stclairbrownwinery.com/

One winery that does serve beer is the Francis Ford Coppola Winery in Geyserville. They have a bar and restaurant and serve draft beer out at their pool bar.

7. Re: Beer drinker in Sonoma/Napa

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 23 April 2015, 06:16