We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Union Square bar with a view for large group

Sacramento...
Level Contributor
67 posts
10 reviews
Save Topic
Union Square bar with a view for large group

I am looking for a bar, maybe at the top of a hotel with a nice view for a large group after dinner in Union Square. If you can let me know if there is a cover charge that would be great. Thanks

Down Under
Destination Expert
for San Francisco
Level Contributor
7,422 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Union Square bar with a view for large group

The View on top of the Marriott Marquis

sfviewlounge.com/restaurant/…

Sacramento, CA
Destination Expert
for Sacramento
Level Contributor
4,064 posts
40 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Union Square bar with a view for large group

For dancing, Harry Denton's Starlight Lounge at the top of the Sir Francis Drake. It overlooks Union Square.

There is a cover charge. I'm not sure what the amount is.

Bloomington, Indiana
Destination Expert
for Bloomington
Level Contributor
8,597 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Union Square bar with a view for large group

Not officially Union Square, but right "next door" & up the hill, there is the Top of the Mark. It's about 4-5 blocks from Union Square proper, but be aware the hill is pretty steep.

95% sure the Hilton has one too.

hlo

Scottsdale, Arizona
Level Contributor
4,974 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Union Square bar with a view for large group

The classic Starlight has a web page with all the info and plenty of good pics.

San Francisco...
Destination Expert
for San Francisco
Level Contributor
50,625 posts
149 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Union Square bar with a view for large group

The Marriott or the Top of the Mark would be my choices from what was suggested before.

San Francisco, Ca
Level Contributor
15,462 posts
73 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Union Square bar with a view for large group

Hilton has closed their top-floor bar; in fact, all of them are closed except for Top of the Mark, Starlight Room and the Marriott Marquis.

What day of the week is this for? Top of the Mark and Starlight Room have cover charges (and entertainment) on Friday/Saturday nights. Starlight Room is closed on Sunday night (although they have a really fun drag brunch on Sundays).

I think Top of the Mark has the best view, as it includes the GG Bridge and the Bay. The Marriott's view (IIRC) is partially blocked by other tall buildings, so not as panoramic.

San Francisco
Level Contributor
36,629 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Union Square bar with a view for large group

There's also a bar on the top of the Marine's Memorial. Not panoramic views because the building isn't that high but still a nice city view and a lot less expensive that the Mark or the Marriott.

Sacramento...
Level Contributor
67 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Union Square bar with a view for large group

Where is the Marine's memorial? We are eating in Union Square at 54 Mint on Sat night. I think Nob Hill is too steep of a walk after dinner. Was wondering specifically about cover charges since I can't find one for Starlight Room on their web site.

Thanks

Edited: 23 April 2014, 06:03
San Francisco
Level Contributor
36,629 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Union Square bar with a view for large group

http://www.marineclub.com/location.php

San Francisco, Ca
Level Contributor
15,462 posts
73 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Union Square bar with a view for large group

Mint Plaza is several blocks from Union Square... if going to the Marines' Memorial, walk from Market straight up Mason Street. Just be aware that the first couple of blocks of Mason past Market are urban grit (bums, drunks, beggars) interspersed with hipster restaurants and bars.