We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Visiting Fisherman's Wharf in the evening?

Vancouver, Canada
Level Contributor
40 posts
19 reviews
Save Topic
Visiting Fisherman's Wharf in the evening?

Hello,

Previously I was thinking of visiting Fisherman's Wharf in the morning, and then biking in the afternoon across the Golden Gate Bridge to Sausalito. However, I just found out that the groupon that I bought for Blazing Saddle's all day bike rental needs to be picked up at their Mason Street location instead. I am staying with a friend in the SoMa area.

Would it be a better plan to bike across the bridge first in the morning/early afternoon, and then check out Fisherman's Wharf in the evening? What time do shops usually close at night? Am I going to miss out on anything if I go to the Wharf in the evening instead? Any comments/feedback is appreciated!

Anaheim, California
Level Contributor
25,711 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
11. Re: Visiting Fisherman's Wharf in the evening?

I know some locals are not bug fans of Fisherman's Wharf, but it is a very popular Tourist area, and all the business stay in business due to the profit they make. Some of that income goes to local workers and the payment of taxes and other fess that support the city. Here is a link of the reviews of FW from TA users.

tripadvisor.com/Attraction_Review-g60713-d10…

I am going to sign off including my blog page, you should easily find photos of Fisherman's Wharf in the evening from my last visit. (San Francisco and Bay Area).

David Michael

www.darkbeer.smugmug.com

San Francisco
Level Contributor
36,629 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
12. Re: Visiting Fisherman's Wharf in the evening?

I'm not a bug fan of Fisherman's Wharf. Nor a big fan either.

In general I think there are purpose built tourist traps near where most people in this country live. And they probably eschew them just as we do FW.

It's sort of sad that the city provides the Wharf as a sort of corral for tourists who come and go thinking they've seen San Francisco when all they've done is be stuck in a tourist trap. But that's what some people like.

cmtat has great info. Hopefully the OP follows up on that. What I would do is call Blazing Saddles and say that I understand that the Union Square area is dangerous to pick up a bike and nicely ask if I couldn't do so from the Wharf with no penalty.

Edited: 30 April 2014, 23:40
13. Re: Visiting Fisherman's Wharf in the evening?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 02 May 2015, 05:16