We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

SFO Car Rental with Hotwire and Foreigner Renting a Car

Which San Francisco hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Manila, Philippines
11 posts
Save Topic
SFO Car Rental with Hotwire and Foreigner Renting a Car

Hi guys, I'm Planning to rent a Car in SFO, I will be travelling with my wife and 1 year old daughter. Any experience of renting a car via hotwire? Won't I have any problem with the car company they will provide considering that Im not from the US? Are add ons possible like infant car seat upon claiming of the car?

Thanks

Washington State
Destination Expert
for Yosemite National Park
Level Contributor
56,546 posts
104 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: SFO Car Rental with Hotwire and Foreigner Renting a Car

I think that renting a car directly from the car rental website (tick the box indicating your home country) or from a 3rd party broker is better. You can include the insurance you need. You can select any "add ons" that you want while you're relaxed at home. Then when you pick up the car, you won't need to consider additional expenses.

Renting a car seat for a 1 year old (backward facing? forward facing? Some California info: …ca.gov/HealthInfo/injviosaf/Documents/Paren… ) is usually an extra cost. If your trip is long, maybe just buy the right size car seat.

Are you picking the car up at the airport (SFO) because you are not visiting the city (SF) first? If SF is on your itinerary first, just transfer into SF, enjoy your tourism, and then pick up the car downtown. If you're not going to SF first, then getting a rental car at SFO makes sense.

Here are some rental ideas........

www.RentalCars.com (Used to be CarHire3000, try this old website if you need more car rental location options or if you want to call rather than book on-line.)

www.drive-usa.com (Some options for a one way drop fee included or for under-25 drivers.)

www.usrentacar.co.uk (Some options for a one way route finder without an extra fee.)

2. Re: SFO Car Rental with Hotwire and Foreigner Renting a Car

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 05 May 2015, 06:15