We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

First Visit to SF and West Coast

Penang, Malaysia
3 posts
Save Topic
First Visit to SF and West Coast

Planning for my first solo trip to USA West Coast but I can't decide whether to visit in mid June or September? Also I am not sure how many days I should spend in each city, San Francisco, Las Vegas, Los Angeles, San Diego, Santa Berbara. Since I am traveling alone, I would rather to spend on budget. I would like your two cents view and travel trips so that I can enjoy my solo trip to the fullest. By the way I wish to spend 14 nights in West Coast. Any suggestion or recommendation is welcome and appreciated. Thank you.

Santa Cruz...
Destination Expert
for Santa Cruz
Level Contributor
32,468 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: First Visit to SF and West Coast

To start with...go to the California forum and read the Top Questions on the top right of your screen (you have to be on a non-mobile device to see them). Read all of the Top Questions, which will give you a lot of answers to your questions. Then come back to get specific information not covered there.

San Francisco...
Level Contributor
1,777 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: First Visit to SF and West Coast

are you thinking of this year or 2015? in SF sept. is our better weather. in june, we get a lot of fog and it can be very cold. all the other cities will be cooler in sept. than june.

we have a top question about SF to the right --> there are several hostels in SF. people can help you better if you define 'budget'. do you want to spend $100 USD per night, for example?

3. Re: First Visit to SF and West Coast

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post has been removed at the author's request. The author may post again if desired.

Posts on the TripAdvisor forums may be edited for a short period of time. Once the edit period has expired, authors may update their posts by removing and reposting them.

To read more about editing your posts, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/help/how_to_edit_your_posts

Removed on: 29 October 2014, 01:22
4. Re: First Visit to SF and West Coast

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 10 May 2015, 06:17