We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

NYE 2014 San Francisc0

Helendale...
3 posts
Save Topic
NYE 2014 San Francisc0

Where is the best parties for a couple in there 50's. Hotel is around union sq. Have traveled to SF 50 times.

San Francisco
Level Contributor
36,629 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: NYE 2014 San Francisc0

Here is more info from the OP:

Well I live in Southern CA and have been to SF 50 times. Love the food. My son was also a chef there for a while. I saw some of the cruises. Are they any good if so which ones? Spent and hour looking at the big events. We did enough of those in our time. Anything different? Street Parites or ?

------------------------------------

I'm not a fan of the cruises because you're sort of held hostage. Besides which, if it's a foggy night the fireworks won't be particularly dramatic but you would be stuck having paid quite a bit of money.

I've done the Symphony event a couple of times and it's very nice. You might check out SFJazz and see what they're doing.

But anywhere you dine out will be tight spaces and high prices.

San Francisco, Ca
Level Contributor
16,737 posts
74 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: NYE 2014 San Francisc0

The only public celebration is the fireworks from near the Ferry Building, along the Embarcadero. Otherwise, most events are for the club crowd. If you don't want to see the fireworks, in addition to WD's list, I'd check out who's going to be playing at Feinstein's at the Nikko and the Top of the Mark. Those two venues are a little more "mature" than the typical NYE party.

San Francisco...
Destination Expert
for San Francisco
Level Contributor
3,400 posts
47 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: NYE 2014 San Francisc0

There is a fun masquerade ball at Davies Symphony Hall: sfsymphony.org/Buy-Tickets/2014-2015/New-Yea…

4. Re: NYE 2014 San Francisc0

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 13 May 2015, 06:16