We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Is there a place to buy a Sim card at SFO?

Which San Francisco hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Nelson, New Zealand
Level Contributor
62 posts
135 reviews
Save Topic
Is there a place to buy a Sim card at SFO?

Hi, will be arriving at San Fran Int'l airport this Tues 13th May. Need to buy a SIM card for my Android phone. Will want a pay as you go option or inexpensive plan. Traveling via SF to Tennessee, so will want to make most (all) of my calls and texts within Tennessee. I'll be staying in Tennessee for 3 months. I've just got 1 call to make in SF. May also want to phone or text home (New Zealand) occasionally. Please give me your best advise and suggestions. Thanks

San Francisco...
Destination Expert
for San Francisco
Level Contributor
48,164 posts
149 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Is there a place to buy a Sim card at SFO?

None at SFO. Go to SF and to a T-mobile or AT&T store and you can get a sim card. The card will work all over the US so it does not matter if you are in CA or TN

Nelson, New Zealand
Level Contributor
62 posts
135 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Is there a place to buy a Sim card at SFO?

Thank you.

Are there pay phones in SFO that I can use to call my friend? If so, do they take credit card for payment or a calling card?

San Francisco...
Level Contributor
934 posts
52 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Is there a place to buy a Sim card at SFO?

You can buy a SIM card from a vending machine at SFO if you wish. I don't know how good they are though, if you're going to be using it for three months, you're probably better off going to a T-Mobile store and getting one there.

There are payphones in SFO, it doesn't look like they take credit cards though. You can enlarge the photo of them on the link below. Just use coins, if you're coming for three months you will have US dollars with you?

flysfo.com/services-amenities/passenger-serv…

Nelson, New Zealand
Level Contributor
62 posts
135 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Is there a place to buy a Sim card at SFO?

Thank you, great advice.

5. Re: Is there a place to buy a Sim card at SFO?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 14 May 2015, 06:16