We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Park Chalet BYOB

Which San Francisco hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Redwood City...
Level Contributor
570 posts
206 reviews
Save Topic
Park Chalet BYOB

I been hearing that it's OK to bring your own food and alcohol to the Park Chalet and listen to the music out in back on the lawn. I called and the girl who answered the the phone wasn't so sure.

San Francisco
Level Contributor
36,629 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Park Chalet BYOB

I rather doubt it unless you are off their property. They're serving food and drinks out there.

Redwood City...
Level Contributor
570 posts
206 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Park Chalet BYOB

Yes I was just wondering because I see photos on yelp and people sitting on the lawn with ice chest and I noticed some of them with bottled beer.

San Francisco
Level Contributor
36,629 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Park Chalet BYOB

After reading the Yelp reviews I'm not sure I'd bother.

I went a few years ago after hiking the Lands End trail. I think one problem the place has is that everyone descends upon it on a nice day -- which don't happen too often out there -- and then they're swamped. I do recall long lines for drinks and then having to wait longer for a table.

San Francisco...
Destination Expert
for San Francisco
Level Contributor
5,561 posts
154 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Park Chalet BYOB

If you had your own food and wine, there'd really be no reason to go to the Park Chalet, you'd be better off somewhere else in Golden Gate Park (near bathrooms). It's behind the building, so you don't get any sense of the beach on the other side of the building.

San Francisco
Level Contributor
36,629 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Park Chalet BYOB

I think the OP was hoping to take in the live music.

Redwood City...
Level Contributor
570 posts
206 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Park Chalet BYOB

Well we did make it there yesterday for the music had a great time with family and friends and we brought our own food and drinks like everyone else that I saw. The only downside was it was really windy but other then that I will go back on a warmer day. Thanks for your replies :)

sf
Level Contributor
3,175 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Park Chalet BYOB

Glad to hear you were able to bring your own stuff there, but if you're expecting a warm day at Ocean Beach you might be waiting a long time. When it does get warm( like the next few days) it is almost impossible to park around the beach.

8. Re: Park Chalet BYOB

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 14 May 2015, 06:16