We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Weekend itinerary

Perth, Australia
Level Contributor
129 posts
90 reviews
Save Topic
Weekend itinerary

Hi, I have a weekend transit in San Francisco mid-June and was have been overwhelmed in trying to decide on a plan for activities and for accommodation. Would greatly appreciate if you guys could kindly advise!! Thanks!!

San Francisco...
Level Contributor
3,979 posts
156 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Weekend itinerary

Just you? No kids? Interested in walking? Or more shows? How about walking from Fort Mason across the Golden Gate Bridge?

By overwhemed, you mean too many choices? So how would you like to narrow it down? A little more detail about what you enjoy will help narrow down suggestions.

Edited: 13 May 2014, 14:10
Perth, Australia
Level Contributor
129 posts
90 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Weekend itinerary

Hi! Thanks for your reply! Yes just me fri arr sun dep. hmm overwhelmed cos there seems to be so much available and I want to make sure I don't miss out haha. Would def want to check out Golden Gate Bridge - it's like an iconic sight! Not sure what else, want to see/do stuff that's "San Francisco" but not sure how to separate the "pure touristy commodities" from the real stuff. Also aware a weekend is very limited time so =S

Santa Clara...
Level Contributor
20,298 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Weekend itinerary

Lodgings first thing as it's coming up soon. Most first time visitors would enjoy staying near Union Square. Prices may be high due to demand. Please have a look at the Top Questions on the right on a non mobile website. Book the hotel first then read the links on things to do.

A hit parade would be GG Bridge, Cable Car, Lombard St, Ferry Building, maybe Alcatraz and maybe out to Golden Gate Park. Plus museum or shopping and lots of eating and drinking high and low end. Chinatown may be less interesting as you are from Singapore.

Edited: 13 May 2014, 15:13
San Francisco...
Destination Expert
for San Francisco
Level Contributor
50,665 posts
149 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Weekend itinerary

I guess you did not look at the things to do under the top questions. We have a list of what to do and see and how to get around. tours. 3-4 questions to help you plan a great vacation or weekend.

Take a tour -- list of tour companies in the TOP QUESTIONS.

Strangers can help new visitors only if the visitors do some reading and some work and come back with ideas. We've done our part by be crisp about what to do and see in SF . So good luck in READING

Forestville, CA
Level Contributor
10,006 posts
56 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Weekend itinerary

hi: i agree with others....please read the TOP QUESTIONS that apply to you, as there are a lot of answers, suggestions & tips you will find helpful! Or get a good guidebook and read up a bit about the city.....but as post 3 says...lodging is important. Do that first, then worry about 1.5 days. San Francisco is a beautiful city...and your time will fly by.

Perth, Australia
Level Contributor
129 posts
90 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Weekend itinerary

Yeah was reading the links and looking at accommodation. Union square seems to be very costly >500! Any budget recommendations? I was hoping to find something around 150 or less if possible without overly compromising on safety. fat hope? Seems the average is 200 is that correct?

Santa Clara...
Level Contributor
20,298 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Weekend itinerary

What are your dates? I am visiting with a friend and staying in SF in June and one day off the price increased by almost 200% due to demand. There is a big convention the last weekend I think. Look at the Mayflower or the Lombard St motels.

8. Re: Weekend itinerary

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 15 May 2015, 06:17