We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Hotel near SFO

San Diego...
Level Contributor
1,009 posts
23 reviews
Save Topic
Hotel near SFO

I'm looking for a hotel for a family of 4 (3 adults and one kid) anywhere between Brisbane and Burlingame, so basically the Aiport area.

The budget is under $200 per night (I have found plenty of hotels within that budget on hotels.com but there are just so many to choose from!).

Preferably 3 stars or higher (Again, I found lots of options on hotels.com withing our budget but I can't decide), and two queen beds.

Thanks.

Edited: So far Double Tree North sounds like a good option.

Edited: 27 May 2014, 08:11
California
Level Contributor
1,364 posts
68 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Hotel near SFO

My only personal experience is with the Embassy Suites Burlingame. A friend stayed there last year and it was very nice. Two room suite, some have 1K others have 2Q in bedroom plus sofabed in sitting room. Mini fridge, microwave, bar sink (at least in her room). Nice water views and access to walking trail.

I don't know if this is one of your options. Prices change dramatically based on dates. It might be helpful if you list the options you're considering so hotel experts can better advise you.

San Diego...
Level Contributor
1,009 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Hotel near SFO

Thanks!

Another hotel I'm looking at is Aloft, it looks pretty nice. Like I said, there are many hotels in this area so even after entering all of my criteria using hotels.com the list is pretty long.

Vancouver, Canada
Level Contributor
4,087 posts
389 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Hotel near SFO

You might take a look at the Staybridge Suites in San Bruno. It has kitchens,, one or two bedrooms, swimming pool, and other amenities. It is a 10 minute walk to the BART San Bruno Station and the Tanforan Shopping Mall. I have stayed there and can recommend this to you. Here is a link

ihg.com/staybridge/…hoteldetail

San Francisco...
Destination Expert
for San Francisco
Level Contributor
52,761 posts
149 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Hotel near SFO

there are reviews of ALL the hotels here on TA. That would be the best way to find a hotel and book it. All the chains from Hyatt to Embassy Suites, to Marriott to Aloft to Holiday Inn to Bay Landing to Hilton Garden are there. Pick one and stay there --It should not be that complicated an issue.

If you saw ALOFT -- it is a new place and if you like it go with it.

Pacifica, California
Destination Expert
for Pacifica
Level Contributor
9,471 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Hotel near SFO

As long as you have a car, there's nothing wrong with the DoubleTree North. It's no better or worse than the other airport hotels.

San Francisco
Destination Expert
for Death Valley Junction, Death Valley National Park
Level Contributor
15,274 posts
49 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Hotel near SFO

Before you follow any of the recommendations (and indeed, we locals should be asking before replying):

What is the purpose of the trip? Are you in transit between flights with a short layover time? Are you visiting someone or attending a specific event ON the San Francisco Peninsula (not in San Francisco proper) and need to be close to that destination? Or is this to be a base for a vacation trip to San Francisco and you are discouraged by the prices of some hotels in the City itself?

Our answers will differ greatly depending on your reason for wanting a hotel near the airport.

San Diego...
Level Contributor
1,009 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Hotel near SFO

Frisco_Roadrunner, we are visiting my sister who lives in the city for 3 nights: July 3rd - 6th. We are driving to San Francisco so we'll have a car. We were first planning to stay in the city itself but the prices are too high so now we are considering options a little bit farther away (less than a 20-minute drive).

So far these are the best options I could find (prices are for 3 nights including taxes from hotels.com):

- San Mateo Marriott SFO = $486.84, 25 minutes 4/5 on TA. King + Sofa bed suite

- Aloft = $564.78, 17 minutes 4/5 on TA. 2 queen beds

- Double Tree by Hilton SFO North = $571.64 13 minutes 4.5/5 on TA. 2 queen beds

I also found this hotel across the bay:

- Courtyard by Marriott Emeryville = $534.48 18 minutes 4/5 on TA. 2 queen beds

Thanks!

Pacifica, California
Destination Expert
for Pacifica
Level Contributor
9,471 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Hotel near SFO

I'd rule out Emeryville. You don't want to cross a bridge.

San Diego...
Level Contributor
1,009 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Hotel near SFO

I saw some of the pictures of Aloft and the rooms look small and while nice I don't think 'trendy' would be right for a family. So it is between Double Tree SFO North and San Mateo Marriott. Are the beds at the Double Tree really queen beds? I saw some guest pictures and they look rather small.

Santa Clara...
Level Contributor
21,623 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Hotel near SFO

I don't think anyone here would know. Call the Double Tree. Purely on location, It's closer to SF and right near freeway if that's your destination but there's nothing near the hotel besides office building. The San Mateo Marriott has more restaurants stuff nearby. I would just go on price and check on the bed. Really splitting hair now. If you're visiting SF, it's just a place to sleep. Both are solid brands. Agree Aloft is more for trendy young tech folks.