We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

San Francisco airport to 7th street corner mission street

Which San Francisco hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Makati, Philippines
Level Contributor
37 posts
Save Topic
San Francisco airport to 7th street corner mission street

Hi,

I would like to ask how can I get to 7th street corner mission street from San Francisco airport.

what are the routes, mode of transportation?

what would be the cheapest and how?

Thank you so much :)

San Francisco
Level Contributor
36,629 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: San Francisco airport to 7th street corner mission street

Let me first ask you why you want to go to 7th and Mission? Not a very nice area and certainly not one we recommend for accommodation.

Tell us more.

San Francisco, Ca
Level Contributor
13,602 posts
74 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: San Francisco airport to 7th street corner mission street

The 3rd Top Question on the right side of this page (on a computer, not a mobile device) will give the options: taxi (around $45), shuttle ($16-19 per person, but can be slow), BART ($8.65 per person, you'll have about a 3 long-ish block walk from the Powell Street Station to 7th and Mission).

And as WD says, this is an area you might not be comfortable walking around, depending on your gender, time of day, comfort level in grittier urban areas, etc. If you're visiting a friend or relative there, perhaps they could meet you at BART and walk with you. If you're staying at a hotel there, please come back and let us find you a better alternative.

Pacifica, California
Destination Expert
for Pacifica
Level Contributor
8,597 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: San Francisco airport to 7th street corner mission street

The Civic Center BART station is the closest BART station to 7th and Mission.

7th and Mission used to be pretty bad. These days I consider it bland and sterile, which is actually an improvement, but the corner of 6th and Mission is one of the grittiest in the city.

Makati, Philippines
Level Contributor
37 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: San Francisco airport to 7th street corner mission street

Ohhhh. I didnt know that. Well im visiting my grandmother and stayin there for 1 week.

Ill be ariving in SFO International airport. I dont know anything there. Like

How to get to the bart station from the airport?

Then what bart station should i exit, nearest the mission & 7th.

Then walk fron bart sation. As per sinba it should be civic station.

San Francisco
Level Contributor
36,629 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: San Francisco airport to 7th street corner mission street

Where does your grandmother live? Are you staying with her?

Makati, Philippines
Level Contributor
37 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: San Francisco airport to 7th street corner mission street

1st, thanks so much for all the reply. Very big help. Thank you.

And thank you for the heads up. I really dodnt know about that. Actually i dont know anything from the airport to the whole san francisco.

Ill be visiting my grandmother for 1 week at isabel apartment. Its in 7th corner mission street.

By the way, how can i. Get to the bart station from sfo airport?

As I can see here. The cheapest is by Bart $9.

sfo airport > bart station near airport > exit at bart station civic > walk > 7th/mission st

- From airport - bart station (however i don't know how to get to the bart station from the airport. Walk? Cab? Shuttle? Ty)

- as per simba, exit @ civic bart station then walk to 7th/mission street

Next is to the cheapest is the airport shuttle $25. Most likely they are juat @ the arrival exits? Is it a van (different people aboard) or car like cab but cheaper?

Last option is cab. $45.

Thank you so much

San Francisco Bay
Level Contributor
3,090 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: San Francisco airport to 7th street corner mission street

It would help us to know the street address where you want to go, to give you the best and nicest way to walk.

The BART SFO Station is attached to the international terminal. Follow the signs in the airport, and ask employees if the way is unclear. With a credit cad, or dollars, you can buy a one way BART ticket from the fare vending machines, for $8.65. Put it through the turnstile slot face up , go through the open gate, and pull it out of the top of the machine again. Keep it for using at the Civic Center station.

From there, where to?

San Francisco...
Destination Expert
for San Francisco
Level Contributor
48,164 posts
149 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: San Francisco airport to 7th street corner mission street

BART is inside SFO at the international terminal. If you are flying into SFO come out after Immigration and customs and follow signs to the the BART station. Purchase a ticket at the machines there and take BART to civic center and walk from there to Mission and7th

www.flysfo.com has maps of SFO

Top Questions on the right side of this home page can help you with info about SF

San Francisco
Level Contributor
36,629 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: San Francisco airport to 7th street corner mission street

<<Ill be visiting my grandmother for 1 week at isabel apartment. Its in 7th corner mission street.>>

The Hotel Isabel is what is known as an "SRO" meaning "Single Room Occupancy." Can your grandmother put you up for a week? This is very basic housing often available to otherwise homeless people. The actual address is 1075 Mission Street.

If you must then use the Civic Center BART station.

If you'd like an overview of the area read this thread: tripadvisor.com/ShowTopic-g60713-i30-k750226…

Makati, Philippines
Level Contributor
37 posts
Save Reply
10. Re: San Francisco airport to 7th street corner mission street

Thank you so much guys.

Heres what i got from all your help. Ill combine them.

Sfo airport-walk to bart station- from airport bart station, exit @ civic bart station- then walk to 7th/mission street

Till what time does bart operate?

From what ive heard, im a bit scared now.

Yes ill be staying @ my grand mothers apartment. Its the isabel apartment @ 7th corner mission street.

My itinerary would be

- ill be there for 1 week, most of the time just inside her apartment because im on a "work from home" mode. So i'll still be. Working. Then from time to time i might walk outside to see the

fisherman's wharf

Ride powell train i think

See alcatraz and

golden gate bridge.

Im now considering the airport shuttle $25. Next to the cheapest (by bart). Is it like a cab but cheaper? Or there are different people inside then one by one will be drop off to their places?

Its just outside the arrival exits?

Main reason and i forgot to tell hete is ill be arriving @ 8pm. And after reading the replies, now im a bit scared. Coz i have a wheeled luggage , a backpack and a sling bag.