We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

4 night trip from Sn Francisco

Gurugram (Gurgaon...
Level Contributor
3 posts
1 review
Save Topic
4 night trip from Sn Francisco

I and my wife will fly into San Francsico on 20th July from Phoenix post viewing the Grand Canyon. We have 6 days at hand as we fly back from Frisco on 26th. Any suggestions

- for a 4 night trip from San franciso (say 21st to 25thJuly) either by train or by road.

- By the way which one is more enterprising for the tour-train or bus.

-likely costs

sriram

Dylan's Tours
Private Tours, Sightseeing Tours, Bus Tours, City Tours, Bike Tours
Streets of San Francisco Bike Tours
City Tours, Cultural Tours, Bike Tours, Private Tours, Sightseeing Tours
Vantigo Tours
City Tours, Beer Tastings & Tours, Private Tours, Sightseeing Tours, Wine Tours & Tastings
Urban Trek USA
Historical & Heritage Tours, Sightseeing Tours, Private Tours, City Tours, Walking Tours
Santa Cruz...
Destination Expert
for Santa Cruz
Level Contributor
32,665 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: 4 night trip from Sn Francisco

You are flying into San Francisco and then want to know where you can go from there, immediately, to somewhere else? My friend, you want to spend those days IN San Francisco. With 6 days you could take a *day* trip or two out of the city, if you have a car. Train travel in this country doesn't work very well.

I would spend at *least* 4 days in San Francisco itself. Here is one day trip going north of San Francisco...

tripadvisor.com/Travel-g60713-c139373/San-Fr…

Or you could go south of the city to the Monterey Peninsula for a day. If you shortchange San Francisco you will regret it.

Australia
Level Contributor
637 posts
56 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: 4 night trip from Sn Francisco

weird isn't it?

Gurugram (Gurgaon...
Level Contributor
3 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: 4 night trip from Sn Francisco

Thanks for your input...just that we drive right hand in India and am a bit cagey of driving left hand in US..maybe we will include Yosemite park and get back to San Francisco. Cheers

Washington State
Destination Expert
for Yosemite National Park
Level Contributor
64,638 posts
114 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: 4 night trip from Sn Francisco

Thousands of visitors to the US arrive daily who drive on the other side of the road. They manage things quite well.

With six days, you can spend 4 in SF and take an overnight trip to Yosemite or to the Monterey Peninsula. The Top Questions on the right have some ideas about Day Trips which can be extended into an overnight trip an about getting to Yosemite (via public transportation is possible. tripadvisor.com/Travel-g61000-c151758 You MUST have lodging reservations for Yosemite. A tour would include lodging tripadvisor.com/Travel-g60713-c191550 )

Most of the information on the San Francisco (SF) forum is about visiting this lovely city. You need to be on the full TA website to see the Top Questions.

Norwich, United...
Level Contributor
6,219 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: 4 night trip from Sn Francisco

There's some good information about driving in the USA in the first few posts of this thread:

tripadvisor.com/ShowTopic-g1-i12567-k4420371…

It takes most people only a minute or two to get used to sitting on the left and driving on the right, but people vary. Personally, I would regard navigation on the roads in the San Francisco as being a greater concern, but one which can be solved by using a GPS/SatNav or a passenger with a printed map.

San Francisco...
Destination Expert
for San Francisco
Level Contributor
54,301 posts
149 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: 4 night trip from Sn Francisco

Is this trip to Frisco Texas or San Francisco California ? Well SF would need 4 days and you can take an overnight trip to Yosemite from Incredible adventurers or Extranomical

Other options are single day trips to Monterey or napa or Sonoma But you cannot do it all and shortchange SF

Gurugram (Gurgaon...
Level Contributor
3 posts
1 review
Save Reply
7. Re: 4 night trip from Sn Francisco

Yep. I meant San Francisco California. Thank n Cheers

8. Re: 4 night trip from Sn Francisco

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 06 June 2015, 06:16