We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Celebrate my 30th Birthday In SF :)

Kvinesdal, Norway
Level Contributor
35 posts
22 reviews
Save Topic
Celebrate my 30th Birthday In SF :)

Hey i am turning 30 by the time i arrive in SF and are staying there 2 days ... I wanna find a really nice restaurant and maybe a bar/pub later on to celebrate bit with my friends i am traveling with...

Can you guys recommend a good restaurant ? ( Seafood, Steak , American food etc )

Where with you go for a special time when going out eating in SF ?

Thank You for All answers :)

John

Santa Fe, New Mexico
Destination Expert
for Santa Fe, Mesa Verde National Park, Boulder, New Mexico
Level Contributor
21,104 posts
53 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Celebrate my 30th Birthday In SF :)

Have a happy birthday. We had a couple of nice tropical drinks at the Tonga Room at the Fairmont Hotel. Very touristy, fun and it rains there! I'm sure others will have better suggestions.!~

Santa Cruz...
Destination Expert
for Santa Cruz
Level Contributor
32,072 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Celebrate my 30th Birthday In SF :)

Yes, Happy Birthday.

If you will tell us where you are staying, it is easier to narrow down some choices near there.

There are hundreds of good restaurants and bar/pubs in San Francisco to choose from.

San Francisco...
Destination Expert
for San Francisco
Level Contributor
50,124 posts
149 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Celebrate my 30th Birthday In SF :)

www.sfgate.com/food has plenty of choices. www.opentable.com has reviews of restaurants as well as the ability to choose the time you want to eat and make a reservation. there are lists there such as romantic, special occasion, foodie, so pick the category you want and the restaurant you want. read reviews and make reservations

Union square, Hayes valley Mission, North Beach, Fillmore , Cow Hollow Marina , Embarcadero, Noe, Castro, Cole Valley all have restaurants as well as bars that you can go to.

By the way, there are thousands of good restaurants in SF to choose from.

Edited: 11 June 2014, 16:03
Bloomington, Indiana
Destination Expert
for Bloomington
Level Contributor
8,554 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Celebrate my 30th Birthday In SF :)

I appreciate that you gave us some cuisines you enjoy (although I'll point out that SF isn't exactly a big steak restaurant town, not that there aren't some good ones, just not what it's known for), but also agree that more info would help us tailor suggestions.

Indeed there are hundreds/thousands of good restaurants scattered pretty much all over the city, so some more information will help us narrow things down.

You've indicated you want it to be special . . . does that mean high-end/money is no object? If not, you might give some kind of budget figure. No reason for us to suggest high-priced/fancy places when you're looking for something more mid-range. Also (as others have pointed out), where you'll be staying has some bearing. There is no reason for us to name something all the way across town when there might be something as good or better right down the street from your hotel.

As for a bar/pub, some more information would help too. Are you looking for: beer/wine/cocktails, sports bar, music (live or DJ & style), ethnic (and which one(s)), a dive bar(s), a "local's place" to rub elbows with them, just looking for a single place or do you have a desire to bar hop/walk among a few options, something fancy or with a gimmick (ala Tonga Room already mentioned), maybe something high up with a view or near the water, or ????? And, like with restaurants there is no reason to suggest something far away when it's likely you can probably find something that would hit all or most of the things you want nearby, so knowing where you'll be staying is worthwhile.

Looking forward to making specific (tailored) suggestions,

hlo

Kvinesdal, Norway
Level Contributor
35 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Celebrate my 30th Birthday In SF :)

Hey ty for so many replies already :) and thx for the congratulations but its still a couple of months before i turn 30 hehe.. I am just trying to make some plans for the 2 days we will stay in SF before we travel towards LA

We are staying at the Franklin Street, San Francisco .. that's whats it called :)

Never been to SF before so dont now how the location is..

Don t matter about price :) so all suggestions are welcome :)

Bar vice we like , drinks , live music maybe .. rock etc .. don t know what SF have to offer :)

Just wanna enjoy a night out with the boys with good food and good drinks at the same time experience some of the SF culture :)

Santa Clara...
Level Contributor
19,721 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Celebrate my 30th Birthday In SF :)

For a pub crawl: see this thread tripadvisor.com/ShowTopic-g60713-i30-k715431…

To see what live acts may be in town when you are here: http://www.sfweekly.com/music/

Where on Franklin are you staying? (cross street)

Kvinesdal, Norway
Level Contributor
35 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Celebrate my 30th Birthday In SF :)

Hey sorry for late answer, yes we are staying across street but we have a rental car so getting places shoud not be any problem... :)

San Francisco
Level Contributor
36,629 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Celebrate my 30th Birthday In SF :)

<<We are staying at the Franklin Street, San Francisco .. that's whats it called :) >>

I'm not familiar with anything on Franklin Street called "The Franklin Street" nor does Google have a clue either.

What is the address of where you are staying? Does it include parking because parking a car in SF is either difficult or expensive (or both).

Kvinesdal, Norway
Level Contributor
35 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Celebrate my 30th Birthday In SF :)

We are staying at the Oasis Inn at 900 Franklin Street... What do you think about this Hotell and location ?

Its only for 2 days and it seems hotels in SF is very exspensive....

Silicon Valley, Ca
Level Contributor
1,975 posts
55 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Celebrate my 30th Birthday In SF :)

Expensive compared to Norway?