We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Question about biking Golden Gate

Which San Francisco hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
New Orleans...
Level Contributor
187 posts
23 reviews
Save Topic
Question about biking Golden Gate

We will be in town and I wanted to ride across the bridge on either Sunday or Monday and the other day we will be eating dim sum. I'm leaning toward Monday, because I figured it would be less crowded, but there was something about riding on different sides I didn't quite get. Weather being the ultimate deciding factor, which day would be best?

San Francisco
Level Contributor
36,629 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Question about biking Golden Gate

On weekends ALL bikes are to ride on the west sidewalk. Which means that views back to the city are across the lanes of traffic.

On weekdays, bikes can share the east sidewalk with pedestrians. I drove the bridge today and it wasn't too crowded.

This Traveler Article has lots more details: tripadvisor.com/Travel-g60713-c134705/San-Fr…

I would go on the Monday ... but then Dim Sum dining will be more crowded on Sunday.

New Orleans...
Level Contributor
187 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Question about biking Golden Gate

Thanks. I had read (and printed) the article, but was having trouble figuring out the direction thing. I think I get it now. I think I'lll aim for Monday and fight dim sum crowds on Sunday.

3. Re: Question about biking Golden Gate

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 18 June 2015, 07:16