We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Which hotel?

Tampa, Florida
6 posts
Save Topic
Which hotel?

I have read the top questions, I have done my own research, I have read TA reviews, and I am still undecided. My spouse and I are going to stay at FW in October. Of these hotels, based on location, your own knowledge, and anything else pertinent, what should our choice be?

Tuscan Inn

Pier 2620, (considerably cheaper, but not the only thing to consider)

Courtyard Marriott

Not looking to get more confused, but if someone has a better idea for the hotel in which to stay around FW, please tell me that too. Had the Radisson on the list, but it seems to get less good reivews. Thanks.

San Francisco...
Destination Expert
for San Francisco
Level Contributor
51,326 posts
149 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Which hotel?

Tuscan inn is good

The 2620 is a recent addition so that would be ok if you want a deal.

San Francisco
Level Contributor
36,629 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Which hotel?

If you must stay at FW then the Tuscan is probably second best. Argonaut is the best. (Well, the Fairmont but those are apartments.)

San Francisco, Ca
Level Contributor
16,044 posts
73 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Which hotel?

I'd say the Tuscan, unless the Courtyard gets you larger rooms or free breakfast.

Down Under
Destination Expert
for San Francisco
Level Contributor
7,427 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Which hotel?

Definitely the Tuscan and your decision to drop the Radisson off your list was a good one.

Tampa, Florida
6 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Which hotel?

Thank you all for your opinions. They do help me a lot!

Santa Cruz...
Destination Expert
for Santa Cruz
Level Contributor
32,236 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Which hotel?

May I ask why you are limiting your lodging location choice to Fisherman's Wharf? Is there a special reason?

Tampa, Florida
6 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Which hotel?

Yes. It is more in line with where we want to visit. I have noticed that the DEs on this forum seem to prefer other areas of the city. I suppose that is typical for those with more experience in visiting the area. For us, it works fine.

San Francisco
Level Contributor
36,629 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Which hotel?

As long as you enjoy uber tourist traps. By which I mean junky stores selling nothing by schlocky trinkets made in China with "I heart SF" on them. And dining at restaurants with average food, adequate service and astronomical prices.

There are a lot of reasons locals aren't at the Wharf but these are just a couple.

I hope you have time to get away from the Wharf area because, whatever it is, it isn't the real San Francisco.

Tampa, Florida
6 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: Which hotel?

We have no intention of spending our time at the wharf. But thank you for your concern.

10. Re: Which hotel?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 01 July 2015, 06:16