We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

3 Days in San Francisco

Sheffield, United...
Level Contributor
16 posts
1 review
Save Topic
3 Days in San Francisco

We are travelling to SF on August 17th and leaving on the 20th. It will be our first time so would like to make the most of what little time we have there.

What are the MUST DO's? Things to see, places to eat, please to visit?

All help appreciated.

San Francisco
Level Contributor
36,629 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: 3 Days in San Francisco

There is no such thing as a "must do" or "must see." Everyone's tastes and interests are different.

Do a little reading. Our Top Questions (right side, non mobile TA) has lots of info. As does the "Things to Do" tab at the top of screen.

We'll be happy to answer questions but it's impossible to suggest things without knowing more about you and what you like to do.

As you are only in SF for 2 full days you should plan carefully because you won't get everything in.

San Francisco, Ca
Level Contributor
14,962 posts
74 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: 3 Days in San Francisco

A generic list of what the "average" visitor wants to see in SF (or any city) can easily be found in a guidebook. The value of something like Trip Advisor is that we can give you the information NOT found in a guidebook, tailored to you and your interests. I could write pages and pages about the best foodie stops in the city, but if you're more interested in baseball than bacon, I'll have wasted my time and your own. So, as WD says, tell us what YOU like to see... museums? old forts? historic cemeteries? What do you like to do... kayaking? biking? beer tasting?

Forestville, CA
Level Contributor
9,718 posts
54 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: 3 Days in San Francisco

hi: i highly suggest reading up a bit and making a little list of what interests you. There are lots of suggestions on the right side of the San Francisco forum.....as mentioned, you have only 2 full days...if that was me, I would devote one day to neighborhoods and 'city life' and the other day for more expansive activities such as the Golden Gate Bridge, Crissy Field, a ferry ride, the Embarcadero, etc.

4. Re: 3 Days in San Francisco

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 01 July 2015, 06:17