We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Happy birthday America! How's the weather in SF...

Which San Francisco hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Santa Clara...
Level Contributor
18,418 posts
26 reviews
Save Topic
Happy birthday America! How's the weather in SF...

Contemplating coming up to see the fireworks. How's the weather looking?

The other option is to bike to my hometown display down the street...

Stay safe everyone and leave the pyrotechnics to the professionals. We have drought conditions with ready fuel and we don't to give work to our friends at the local burn center.

San Francisco...
Destination Expert
for San Francisco
Level Contributor
2,492 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Happy birthday America! How's the weather in SF...

It's still gray around Sunset blvd at 2 PM, but it's more higher cloud gray rather than fog blowing through the streets. It wasn't as cold this morning as yesterday. :-)

Santa Clara...
Level Contributor
18,418 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Happy birthday America! How's the weather in SF...

Been checking out the webcams and it's certainly gray and overcast at the bridge and Crissy Fields. But at least I can see Alcatraz. Decisions, decisions...

Berkeley, CA
Level Contributor
576 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Happy birthday America! How's the weather in SF...

I live in the Berkeley hills directly across from the GGB. It's completely lost in the fog bank. Personally, I would stay home and watch there.

San Francisco...
Destination Expert
for San Francisco
Level Contributor
5,594 posts
158 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Happy birthday America! How's the weather in SF...

Good God, I wouldn't be here if I had a better option. The fog is really rolling in, it's really windy - though I will admit it's not a biting cold wind (but the afternoon is young).

San Francisco
Destination Expert
for Death Valley Junction, Death Valley National Park
Level Contributor
14,246 posts
46 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Happy birthday America! How's the weather in SF...

I live in almost the geographical center of San Francisco, Diamond Heights, which is just south of Twin Peaks, and have a 250-degree view. It is 3:45 p.m. and most of what is in my view has a gray blanket over it. The fog is spreading very rapidly.

Directly to the west is all shrouded. To the south, I can see parts of The City, but San Bruno Mountain, the water tower on top of McLaren Park, and most of Hunter's Point are invisible. To the east, downtown Oakland and Mount Diablo were fully visible up to about 10 minutes ago but are now covered. In another 15-20 minutes, I may not be able to see Bernal Hill.

Ironically, last night at 10:00 p.m., it was partly foggy but still clear enough to enjoy fireworks on the Bay.

If there's a show in San Jose or Santa Clara, go there.

Santa Clara...
Level Contributor
18,418 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Happy birthday America! How's the weather in SF...

Thanks folks. Staying put then. The Santa Clara Central Park show is a 5 minutes bike ride from home.

FR - We saw the GG Bridge with my friend exactly a week ago only after 10p.

Dublin, California
Level Contributor
19,249 posts
43 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Happy birthday America! How's the weather in SF...

There is a firework show at Livermore. It's clear as far as you can see here, and warm too.

Santa Clara...
Level Contributor
18,418 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Happy birthday America! How's the weather in SF...

TSS - that's the advantage of living in the 'burbs. 80 degrees and blue sky here.

I hope for the tourists' sake it stays a little clear tonight. But I suppose colored clouds is also a unique SF experience...

9. Re: Happy birthday America! How's the weather in SF...

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 06 July 2015, 06:17