We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Taxi stand at Fisherman's Wharf

Which San Francisco hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Crawley, United...
3 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Taxi stand at Fisherman's Wharf

Is there a taxi stand at Fishermans Wharf as have got to get back to SFO straight after Alcatraz trip,if not is there somewhere nearby to catch a taxi. This will be at about 18.00.

Many thanks for any help.

San Francisco
Level Contributor
36,629 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Taxi stand at Fisherman's Wharf

You may find one cruising by but you might have competition from others coming off the Alcatraz ferry. If you take the F trolley there is a cab line near the Hyatt Regency at the foot of Market Street.

Or walk toward the Sheraton at Fisherman's Wharf. It's one of the nearest hotels and cabs will probably be dropping people off there (they don't line up in FW that I'm aware of). But the Wharf is in the opposite direction from where you'll be going.

Crawley, United...
3 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Taxi stand at Fisherman's Wharf

okay I just assumed as Fishermans Wharf is a tourist area taxi's would be plentiful, thanks anyway.

San Francisco...
Destination Expert
for San Francisco
Level Contributor
48,168 posts
149 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Taxi stand at Fisherman's Wharf

this would be one of those good occasions to get UBER. But if you don't know about Uber or don't have a smartphone in the US, I would do the taxi route

San Francisco, Ca
Level Contributor
13,309 posts
74 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Taxi stand at Fisherman's Wharf

There are two formal cab stands at the Wharf... Pier 39 and the Argonaut Hotel (at opposite ends of the Wharf). Other hotels in the area may have cabs dropping off people, as well. But it is sometimes very hard to find a taxi from there (I'm not sure if tourists don't take taxis so they don't cruise the area, or there is more demand than there are cabs). I'd have a plan B (like a smartphone with Uber or FlyWheel installed and accounts set up) or allow LOTS of time.

Washington State
Destination Expert
for Yosemite National Park
Level Contributor
55,926 posts
104 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Taxi stand at Fisherman's Wharf

Are you taking your luggage to Alcatraz with you?

Crawley, United...
3 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Taxi stand at Fisherman's Wharf

No luggage, just flying in from Vegas on a day visit.

7. Re: Taxi stand at Fisherman's Wharf

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 20 July 2015, 06:16