We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Lunch Recommendation

San Jose, California
4 posts
Save Topic
Lunch Recommendation

Hi,

My fiancee and I are getting married on a Friday in SF at the courthouse with just our immediate family. We are looking for a place to go to lunch afterwards (around noon) with 10 people. I was wondering if you all had any ideas. We are getting a bit lost with so many options. So far we have thought about:

Schroeders in the Financial District: Pro: Her family is German, seems like a fun place. Con: In the financial district.

Tadich Grill Pro: Awesome atmosphere, SF classic etc, Con: Same as above.

La Mar Cebicheria: Pro: Location is pretty good near the water. Con: Not sure if people want Peruvian. Embarcadero is nice but at the same time super touristy/crowded.

I know I am not giving much to go on here, but maybe one of you likes challenges. Any places that are anywhere from 20-60 dollars per person that is open for lunch and in a nice area of the city in the sense that it is somewhat quiet..think more Marina rather than the Mission (at least 16th and Mission type Mission). We like places that don't necessarily have the city feel.

Thanks for any help you can give!!

Mentioned in this post
The Embarcadero
The Embarcadero
827 Reviews
San Francisco, CA
Scottsdale, Arizona
Level Contributor
4,974 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Lunch Recommendation

Welcome to the forums! Tadich would be great, but they don't take reservations. Have you considered the historic John's Grill? They could easily accommodate your party and make you feel very welcome.

Congratulations in advance.

Happy Trails!!!

Mentioned in this post
John's Grill
John's Grill
2,036 Reviews
San Francisco, CA
San Jose, California
4 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Lunch Recommendation

Thanks! Ill check it out!

San Francisco
Level Contributor
36,629 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Lunch Recommendation

In that area is Absinthe which is easy walking distance from City Hall at Hayes and Gough.

They take reservations and which would likely be necessary; let them know that it's a wedding party and they will be very kind.

4. Re: Lunch Recommendation

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 22 July 2015, 06:16