We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

4th July 2015 - best place?

Which San Francisco hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Dublin
Level Contributor
793 posts
98 reviews
Save Topic
4th July 2015 - best place?

Hi all, 2 adults and 2 teenagers will be in California for 2 weeks start of July 2015. Just wondering where is the best place to celebrate July 4th? Have plenty of flexibility, as only in the planning phase. Options include San Fran, Napa valley, Lake Tahoe, down to the coast to Carmel. Thanks in advance.

dcj
texas
Level Contributor
370 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: 4th July 2015 - best place?

I was in San Fran for the 4th this year. Crowds were good but weather was cold. I didn't go down to try to see the fireworks as the fog looked heavy, was windy and about 53 degrees.

San Francisco...
Level Contributor
996 posts
51 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: 4th July 2015 - best place?

I was in South Lake Tahoe this year, weather was great and so were the fireworks. Lots of crowds on the beach during the day and at night for the fireworks.

Dublin
Level Contributor
793 posts
98 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: 4th July 2015 - best place?

Thanks guys. Keep the comments coming!

San Francisco
Level Contributor
36,629 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: 4th July 2015 - best place?

Of those 4 options I would pick Tahoe.

San Francisco...
Destination Expert
for San Francisco
Level Contributor
48,460 posts
149 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: 4th July 2015 - best place?

best 3 things to do on July 4th See a parade, have a bbq and watch fireworks. In most places you may get 2 out of 3. Tahoe would be great and Truckee has a parade ...

So I agree with the hurling champ jrc and with White D. :-)

Sylvan Lake, Canada
1 post
1 review
Save Reply
6. Re: 4th July 2015 - best place?

I will be there for two weeks as well with three teenagers we will be in San Francisco as I am told watching it with the golden gate bridge in the background is second to none, tip book your hotel room soon, I booked ours a month ago and it has almost doubled for that weekend already good luck!

Santa Cruz...
Destination Expert
for Santa Cruz
Level Contributor
31,851 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: 4th July 2015 - best place?

SF would be, and sometimes is, a great place for fireworks.....EXCEPT you are rolling the dice on whether it will be foggy, so all you see is lights through the mist. I would also choose Tahoe.

8. Re: 4th July 2015 - best place?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 14 November 2015, 05:16