We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Honeymoon trip

Ireland
Level Contributor
60 posts
Save Topic
Honeymoon trip

Hi

Looking for some help with hotels. We are doing a few USA cities on our honeymoon trip before we go for a week to Cancun and this is where we have splashed out in terms of luxury accomadation/resort.

The thing is we are looking for a nice hotel that wont break the bank. I know that alot of the hotels are expensive so really I am looking for advice about a hotel that is nice and reasonable too. I know it is our honeymoon so I dont want to scrimp and save too much but SF is only one of our stops and we cant afford to splash out too much. We arrive on Saturday 4th April 2015 and stay for 3 nights. The agent organising our honeymoon has given me rates for Serrano Hotel but to be honest the reviews are not great maybe you could advise further any hotel names would be hugely helpful.

Santa Cruz...
Destination Expert
for Santa Cruz
Level Contributor
32,046 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Honeymoon trip

We need to know your budget for a hotel room before we can give a sensible recommendation. By the way, the Serrano has been the subject of a long discussion here because of their charging an "urban" or "resort" fee above their stated room rate.....without advance disclosure.

Edited: 30 July 2014, 15:10
San Francisco
Level Contributor
36,629 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Honeymoon trip

Some hotels don't have published rates for that far ahead but I suggest you contact the Chancellor. The GM is a member of this board and I think it would work perfectly for you. It's a small, historic hotel but right on Union Square. Rooms aren't large but the hotel has a well-earned reputation for service. Great small bar behind the lobby and nice restaurant for breakfast. If you book directly (travel agent's -- don't understand how any of them remain in business) you'll get some discounts in the restaurant I believe.

Usually as reasonably priced as anything downtown but it has a suburb location.

Check the reviews here and I think you'll be pleasantly surprised.

Santa Cruz...
Destination Expert
for Santa Cruz
Level Contributor
32,046 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Honeymoon trip

Another recommendation for the Chancellor. We stay there often and find it comfortable, charming, and guest oriented, and reasonably priced. The location is excellent., (I think WD meant "superb", not "suburb") <grin>

San Francisco...
Destination Expert
for San Francisco
Level Contributor
50,009 posts
149 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Honeymoon trip

What does your banker say you can spend per night in dollars. Why use a travel agency in this day and age. It is a question of the blind leading the blind. With due respect to the folks who cannot see

Ireland
Level Contributor
60 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Honeymoon trip

Thanks guys

I dunno we were thinking around $200 per night budget is that way off? We r using an agent as she is doing a multi centre package for us & I coulnt come close to the prices gave me for the flights.

I will check out the one u mentioned. If u think of anywhere else it would be hugely appreciated.

Thanks

San Francisco
Level Contributor
36,629 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Honeymoon trip

Just be *very* sure to check the hotels your agent books for you. We have found that foreign travel agents are quite clueless about areas of various cities and have booked people into complete slums.

K30
Cornwall
Level Contributor
647 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Honeymoon trip

I can highly recommend the Galleria Park Hotel! Stayed their for our first anniversary, not all out luxury but a very high standard boutique hotel in a good area which does good coffee in the morning and a wine reception in the evening, both complimentary. Without checking I am confident that it would be within budget or thereabouts.

8. Re: Honeymoon trip

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 01 August 2015, 06:16