We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Dylan's Tours - OK for Visually Impaired

Pittsburgh...
Level Contributor
496 posts
15 reviews
Save Topic
Dylan's Tours - OK for Visually Impaired

My husband and I are visiting with my sister and her husband (they are both blind) and even though they live nearby they have never really been to the sights of downtown San Francisco. I was thinking of booking a tour with Dylan's Tours but was wondering if this would be OK with 2 blind people (and one guide dog)? I'm sure it will be a lot of on and off the bus which we could help them with, and they are used to being able to only hear about things without actually seeing them. Is this tour recommended? If not, what would you recommend instead?

San Francisco
Level Contributor
36,629 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Dylan's Tours - OK for Visually Impaired

We always hear good thinks about Dylan's but I think your question is unique and would be better put to the folks at Dylan's. (Especially with regards to whether they can accommodate the dog. I realize they are incredibly well trained but there may not be room or there may be considerations for other passengers who may have allergies, etc.)

dcj
texas
Level Contributor
386 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Dylan's Tours - OK for Visually Impaired

I bet they would enjoy the tour with Dylan. He talks a lot about the places he visits and gives a lot of the history of San Francisco. Getting on or off was always left up to the visitor. I don't see why he couldn't accommodate the dog but I wold get he would be happy to answer your questions.

3. Re: Dylan's Tours - OK for Visually Impaired

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 08 August 2015, 07:16