We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

AT&T Park - Section to sit in & what time to be picked up?

Surfers Paradise...
Level Contributor
8 posts
4 reviews
Save Topic
AT&T Park - Section to sit in & what time to be picked up?

We're travelling to the US from Australia in Sept - I'm looking at a Giants vs Dodgers game on Friday 12th Sept. I have two questions I'd be really grateful if someone could answer.....

1. I can get (comparatively) affordable seats in section 320 (row 6) - I've looked up the website and checked out the perspective with their viewer - but this will be our only opportunity to see a game, so I want to make sure it's okay (without breaking the bank!) Can anyone tell me if this section is a good place to sit?

2. I'm guessing that at the end of the game it might be really hard to get a cab - would this be a fair assumption? As we will have a really tired 6 year old in tow, I'm wondering about booking a car to pick us up - it says the game starts at 715pm, would 10pm be a good time to book a car? Does the game start right on 715pm or later?

Thanks so much :)

San Francisco...
Destination Expert
for San Francisco
Level Contributor
56,248 posts
149 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: AT&T Park - Section to sit in & what time to be picked up?

did you read the Top question on SF giants ? I would suggest you do

I don't know what it takes to break your bank as it such a cliche so it helps to be precise wrt a per ticket budget - I any case for a first timer sitting anywhere is fine. There is tier 1, tier 2 and tier 3 and 320 is in the top tier so as long as you know that you won't be very close to the action you are fine. But the seats in 320 are infield and almost close to behind home plate which is a good so yes go ahead please

The park is a fun place to be. Have a look at www.stubhub.com for tickets as well -- not sure where you are looking.

Yes the game starts on time at 7.15 and yes it will be hard to get a cab when the game gets over. The game is based on 9 innings and it finishes when those innings are over and typically 3 hours is a good gauge. Around 10ish is a good gauge. The car service will also have issues parking so you may want to have a phone to reach them. They cannot just wait in front of the park. You may have to walk to a side street where the car can wait.

Edited: 09 August 2014, 07:58
Fremont, California
Destination Expert
for San Francisco
Level Contributor
29,335 posts
6,139 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: AT&T Park - Section to sit in & what time to be picked up?

Section 320 is fine. It is higher up but in a good section. Be sure to take some time to walk around the stadium also for various views.

The game starts on time. We rarely get rain - if you have heard of rain delays in baseball, that is the only time the game starts late.

With a kid with you, you might want to enjoy going to Coco Cola Super Slide

yelp.com/biz/coca-cola-superslide-san-franci…

Have fun at the game.

Surfers Paradise...
Level Contributor
8 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: AT&T Park - Section to sit in & what time to be picked up?

Thank you belomiser.... My apologies my questions were a bit too general - I'm new to this site, I'll definitely take a look at the SF Giants top question, thanks :) We're staying a Fisherman's Wharf (close to Pier 39), On http://www.eventticketscenter.com/ I can get seats in Section 320VR for $51 each - there are 4 of us and I'm going to spring it as a surprise on the family, so it's all my treat.... So I'm looking at $200 for tickets plus cab fare there, food & car service quoted at $60 flat rate (I'm guessing about $350 total) - that's the budget I'm working to.

I've never seen a baseball game before - so I don't really know where the action is - I just think our family should really try to do this while we're in the US, as it's just not something we can experience on this scale back here in Australia. I'm definitely prepared for these seats to be waaaaay back, that's not a problem - it's good to know they're in a generally good area, and I've heard the atmosphere at a ball game is amazing, I'm looking forward to that.

I'm guessing being a Friday night, and I would think Giants vs Dodgers might be quite popular, it could be a pretty well attended game? (Please correct me if I'm wrong here). Is there any side street you know of that would be particularly good for the car company? As we are booking it all online, and booking from another country, there's not really an opportunity to discuss it with them....

Thanks again for your response, very much appreciated :)

Surfers Paradise...
Level Contributor
8 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: AT&T Park - Section to sit in & what time to be picked up?

Thanks Mini - I'm really looking forward to it, I know my husband, son and Mother in Law will be so excited when they know we're going! Thanks for the tip on the slide - just had a look, our son will LOVE that! Great tip on walking around the stadium too, will definitely do that! Cheers :)

San Francisco...
Destination Expert
for San Francisco
Level Contributor
56,248 posts
149 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: AT&T Park - Section to sit in & what time to be picked up?

book only at www.sfgiants.com and www.stubhub.com the two official sellers and resellers. That other site may have legit tickets but I don't know and it is not the official site. I think you may want to book a car service when you get to SF and not from abroad. Honestly if you have MUNI passports leave a bit early if your kid is tired say 8th inning and take the MUNI N or K outside the park when the lines are shorter to Embarcadero and then the F line to FW. You could look for cheaper tickets away from 320 and get tickets for 30 or 40 per person

The Giants and Dodgers are huge rivals so it will be packed and hopefully a very interesting game

food & car service quoted at $60 flat rate -- Sorry the food is included in the car service ? Perhaps I am misreading the line.

I do see that a car to get back home would be best with a kid -- don't get me wrong but it is best to call and speak to the service to pre-arrange a pickup.

Mentioned in this post
The Embarcadero
The Embarcadero
829 Reviews
San Francisco, CA
S P
San Francisco...
Level Contributor
1,130 posts
1 review
Save Reply
6. Re: AT&T Park - Section to sit in & what time to be picked up?

Some extra info

1. All Giant's games sell out

2. The Giants and Dodgers are one of the oldest and fiercest rivalries in american sports, It should be a great game.

3. As of today the Giants and the Dodgers are first and second in their division, only the winner is guaranteed a playoff spot. The regular season ends the last week in September. It should be a very good game.

4. Part of the fun of going to the game is all the famous and varied types of food and beer offered. It is very expensive, but good. The garlic fries are legend. Here is a list, could not find one with prices, …mlb.com/sf/ballpark/information/index.jsp…

5. As said games vary in length quite a bit. 2 and half hours to 4 hours is a common range. Although Giants fans pride themselves on sticking it out to the end, some fans do leave early. And this might be an option for you.

6.Friday home games for the Giants are Orange Fridays, the players and the fans wear orange. At all Giants games the fans have fun, but Friday night games are especially fun, many fans come in costume.

7. I am sure you know that San Francisco is normally cold in the summer. Even more so siting at night near the Bay. AT&T park is not arctic like the old playpark Candlestick, but is still cold. Dress in layers.

8.Baseball is a low action game. And ATT park is the hardest park to hit homeruns in, so even less action. The spectacle off the field will be enough to entertain you, but you might want to learn something of the game ahead of time. Much of the action in baseball is the subtle dual between the pitcher and the batter. Many if not most long time fans, including me, have a hard time on their own understand all the ins and outs. I listen to the radio to better enjoy the game. San Francisco has great radio broadcasters. You might want to bring a radio like many fans do. KNBR A.M. 680.

Surfers Paradise...
Level Contributor
8 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: AT&T Park - Section to sit in & what time to be picked up?

Thanks Belomiser..... Sorry I'm doing a great job aren't I?! $60 flat rate car service (we're using them earlier in the same day for an airport service) - cab fare there and food as extras :) I'll give them a call as suggested - we will have a very tired little boy on our hands.

I'll definitely book on one of those sites, that's really good to know, thank you :)

San Francisco...
Destination Expert
for San Francisco
Level Contributor
56,248 posts
149 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: AT&T Park - Section to sit in & what time to be picked up?

just so you know it is about 60 bucks to get from SFO to Fisherman's wharf by car service and that is about 17 miles. It does seem a lot to pay the same for 3 or so miles from one end of the Embarcadero to the other which is where ATT park and Fisherman's wharf are

Try Pleasant limo for the SFO to FW ride. They are highly recommended on this forum.

Mentioned in this post
The Embarcadero
The Embarcadero
829 Reviews
San Francisco, CA
San Francisco, Ca
Level Contributor
19,091 posts
76 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: AT&T Park - Section to sit in & what time to be picked up?

>>I'm definitely prepared for these seats to be waaaaay back<<

They're more waaaaaaaaaaaaay up than waaaaaay back.

The only problem with booking a car service is that when the appointed time comes, you have to meet them. Even if the teams are tied and going into extra innings.

And if the game is boring and you want to leave early, they may not be able to pick you up.

But, you're not going to be able to get a cab easily after the game, so it's a matter of figuring which is the best option for your family.

Surfers Paradise...
Level Contributor
8 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: AT&T Park - Section to sit in & what time to be picked up?

Thanks again for the responses, can't tell you how much I appreciate you sharing your knowledge..... Belomiser & SFSusanW - just looked at the 3D map for the park now, and I see what you mean.... it is WWAAAAAYYYY UP!! That's not a problem - but is it all stairs from the ground all the way up there? Or are there lifts/ escalators to get you to the higher sections and then a couple of flights of stairs at the top? My Mother in Law has had a knee replacement - not recently, and she's very mobile (no troubles with a few flights of stairs), but I'd hate to put her in a position where I made her knee ache or anything like that.

Belomiser we've already booked and prepaid Five Emerald for the SFO to FW ride (I believe they have great reviews here too) - but I'll definitely have a look at Pleasant Limo for after-game transport.... I know it's a lot too pay, but in this case I'm looking for a fast track to get my little boy home to bed so I'm willing to pay more for convenience this time.

SFSusanW - I hear what you're saying - my husband and his Mum are the real sports fans, so I think if it comes to that (with the game not finished etc when the car arrives) I'll take our boy back to the hotel and they might stay on to the end and come back later - or vice versa, if it's too boring for my little one and he's tired, I'll take him back early in a cab and they can get the car later :)