We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Laundromats Union Square/Chinatown

vancouver, BC
Level Contributor
4,628 posts
265 reviews
Save Topic
Laundromats Union Square/Chinatown

We are staying at Union Square very close to Chinatown. I read many old posts about where I may be able to find a laundromat and an old post dated 2010 mentioned one above the tunnel at Stockton.

Since it has been four years, just wondering if anyone knows if the laundromat, self or wash and fold, is still there? If not, are there any laundromats in Chinatown or in Union Square near Stockton tunnel?

Many thanks.

Down Under
Destination Expert
for San Francisco
Level Contributor
7,380 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Laundromats Union Square/Chinatown

It's still there.

That is pretty close to where you are staying.

vancouver, BC
Level Contributor
4,628 posts
265 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Laundromats Union Square/Chinatown

Oskar….thanks ever so much for such a speedy reply. Do you know if it is at the entrance of the tunnel on the Union square side and do I just walk up the stairs?

Many thanks

San Francisco, Ca
Level Contributor
14,986 posts
74 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Laundromats Union Square/Chinatown

Walk up the stairs on the Union Square side of Stockton (just past the Green Door Massage Parlor). When you get to the top, look straight north, it will be there on the corner of Bush and (upper) Stockton.

vancouver, BC
Level Contributor
4,628 posts
265 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Laundromats Union Square/Chinatown

SFSusanW….thank you so much for your reply….with appreciation. I am going to try it out today…thank you!

cliu ; )

vancouver, BC
Level Contributor
4,628 posts
265 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Laundromats Union Square/Chinatown

Oskar and SFSusanW….thank you both for the laundromat info….we went and got our laundry washed within an hour all for $3.50 (wash and dry combined) We only had to put in $1 for 28 mins into the dryer and everything was already dry. The place is clean and well lit and totally great for us staying at Union Square.

Thank you for the info again!

cliu ; )

San Francisco...
Destination Expert
for San Francisco
Level Contributor
50,088 posts
149 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Laundromats Union Square/Chinatown

Well folks can get a massage while your laundry gets done. What a deal !!

Edited: 18 August 2014, 20:23
San Francisco
Level Contributor
36,629 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Laundromats Union Square/Chinatown

This is good to know. I've been PMing with a visitor who has had some change of plans, and is traveling with her mother who wants a laundry. I mentioned this place if they stay in Union Square, but as I've never been into I didn't know how nice it was (or not).

Thanks cliu!

8. Re: Laundromats Union Square/Chinatown

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 20 August 2015, 06:17