We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Golden Gate Bridge to golden gate park?

Manchester
Level Contributor
440 posts
4 reviews
Save Topic
Golden Gate Bridge to golden gate park?

We are here presently but unfortunately plans have had to change due to ill health and now with only one day left, we want to tram in the morning to Lombard st, walk down to Wharf to collect bikes to cycle bridge and return directly. Reason being that we want to visit California Academy of Science in the afternoon. Can anybody tell me the best way to get there after visiting the bridge? Many Thanks!

San Francisco
Level Contributor
36,629 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Golden Gate Bridge to golden gate park?

I'm confused. The title of your thread is GG Bridge to GG Park. But if I read your post correctly, you want to bike from the Wharf to the Bridge and then back to the Wharf?

If that's the case what you want to do is go from the Wharf to the Park?

Here is a Traveler Article with bus directions to many places using the Wharf as a starting point. tripadvisor.com/Travel-g60713-c194605/San-Fr…

But if I'm misunderstanding let me know. It's very easy to get from the Bridge to the Park by bus. But that wouldn't be what you want if you have bikes with you.

Manchester
Level Contributor
440 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Golden Gate Bridge to golden gate park?

You are quite right. We do need to drop bikes off first.. Any ideas? Even if we dump bike idea and walk the bridge?

Manchester
Level Contributor
440 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Golden Gate Bridge to golden gate park?

Bump please!

San Francisco...
Destination Expert
for San Francisco
Level Contributor
49,998 posts
149 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Golden Gate Bridge to golden gate park?

I am sorry but TA is a volunteer service for us and we help when we can. Bumping an article in the middle of the night . Please provide clear details of starting point or use google maps to get transit directions.

There are no vehicles called trams in SF. There are cable cars which go up and down the SF hills and the streetcars which go along market street and the Embarcadero

SO if you want to walk the bridge take a bus from your starting spot. If from Fisherman's wharf you can walk over Fort Mason and take the 28-19th avenue bus towards Daly city and get off at the Visitor Center walk the bridge and come back to that same spot and take that same bus towards Daly City and get off at GG Park

maps.google.com can help with walking and bus directions if you want the specifics

Edited: 19 August 2014, 14:59
San Francisco
Level Contributor
36,629 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Golden Gate Bridge to golden gate park?

The Wharf to the bridge is 4 miles or more (depending upon where you're starting from). Or you could take the 30-Stockton was begin walking from the Palace of Fine Arts. That cuts the walk in about half.

Once at the Bridge take the 28-19th Ave (destination Daly City BART) 4 stops to Park Presidio and Fulton. Cross both streets and enter the Park through the Rose Garden.

This is detailed in the Traveler Article I linked to above.

6. Re: Golden Gate Bridge to golden gate park?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 21 August 2015, 05:15