We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Help with Itinerary

City
Level Contributor
1,990 posts
59 reviews
Save Topic
Help with Itinerary

We will be in San Fransisco for two full days in July and have the following on our "to do" list

Muir Woods, Pier 39, China Town, Golden Gate, Alcatraz and Fisherman's Wharf. Did we miss any "must dos" that we can add or replace? Can we ride the trolley to any of these? In what order would this work out. Thank you in advance

San Francisco...
Destination Expert
for San Francisco
Level Contributor
51,972 posts
149 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Help with Itinerary

Is getting inked a must do for you ? Surely it must be and I can suggest a tattoo parlor for you.

Which trolley are you referring to ? Cable car? Yes it goes close to Chinatown and to Fishermen's wharf

Well there are tour companies that cover these areas such as city sightseeing or dylans. You could also do a few or one walking tour via cityguides

2 days is too short but if that is what you have that's fine. Bool Alcatraz up to 3 months in advance

Did you check the top questions with trip reports 3 day itinerary and where to stay ?

Edited: 31 August 2014, 13:31
City
Level Contributor
1,990 posts
59 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Help with Itinerary

Yes, I have read the top questions extensively. Not sure about the "getting inked" statement, maybe it was a "funny" that I didn't get. We are just starting to plan a 18 day road trip and that is why I am getting info ahead about having two days to see/do what we have read about. If it's not possible or there was something I was missing, I remain open to suggestions, hence the post. Might even be able to add one more day. The above list is just a start. Suggestions and advice welcome and appreciated. Thanks

Washington State
Destination Expert
for Yosemite National Park
Level Contributor
60,855 posts
114 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Help with Itinerary

>>Did we miss any "must dos" that we can add or replace?<<

Completely up to you. You have to pick your own 'must do' activities. I'd spend hours & hours walking in the neighborhoods, soaking it all in. Another would spend hours & hours in fabulous museums. Another would rent bikes and go up and down hills all day long. Some folks wouldn't consider leaving San Francisco to visit popular Muir Woods, but maybe that's essential for you. (If you're on a road trip, you might be able to fit Henry Cowell Redwoods into your itinerary between Monterey & San Francisco.)

San Francisco...
Destination Expert
for San Francisco
Level Contributor
51,972 posts
149 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Help with Itinerary

After reading the top questions and all the things one can see and do that are listed. I am at a loss as to what other suggestions you are looking for?

You listed the top things everyone associates with sf.

there is a three day itinerary. There are walking and biking tours and trips and museums bay cruises neighborhood visits, hiking areas visit to angel island and other places. Sporting events music and only in sf shows like beach blanket Babylon. And we have tattoo parlors. You asked for must dos. These are my must does. Not sure why it is funny

Edited: 31 August 2014, 14:43
City
Level Contributor
1,990 posts
59 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Help with Itinerary

Sorry, belomiser, I misunderstood your advice about getting inked. Thank you for your help :)

San Francisco, Ca
Level Contributor
16,171 posts
73 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Help with Itinerary

The point being made above is that without knowing about you -- how many people in the party, ages, interests, etc. -- we have no way of making any suggestions other than the standard ones listed. But if you tell us that you collect vinyl records, we can suggest shops; if you love ice cream, we can suggest somewhere you can get bourbon and cornflake-flavored ice cream.

What i do when planning a trip is put everything I want to see into a custom Google Map, and a natural itinerary will generally suggest itself. And yes, the cable cars go through Chinatown to Fisherman's Wharf (Pier 39 and Alcatraz are all very close to the Wharf).

San Diego
Destination Expert
for San Diego
Level Contributor
62,507 posts
67 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Help with Itinerary

Yes, Belo was being silly telling you that one of his "must dos" would be to get a tattoo.

We don't know you so cannot tell you what you "must do".

That was his point.

I have favorite museums and neighborhoods in San Francisco so visiting them is a must do for me. I've been there many times and have never been to Alcatraz because for me it has never been a "must do". Different things interest different people.

San Francisco...
Destination Expert
for San Francisco
Level Contributor
51,972 posts
149 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Help with Itinerary

what are you talking about Riff and Susan ?

This is what I'm talking about …huffingtonpost.com/2013-02-11-IMG952270.jpeg

Go Kaepernick !!!

;-)

Edited: 31 August 2014, 17:24
san francisco
Level Contributor
101 posts
310 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Help with Itinerary

nice

10. Re: Help with Itinerary

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 02 September 2015, 06:16