We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Parking near Fishermans Wharf

Which San Francisco hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
379 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
Parking near Fishermans Wharf

Hi,

I have made a rookie error and have booked a hotel , Pier 2620 Fishermans Wharf, and forgot to check if they have parking. I will have a hire car with me and need to find parking as close as possible to this area. I'm aware it's not going to be cheap but would appreciate advice on where to park.

Santa Clara...
Level Contributor
18,009 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Parking near Fishermans Wharf

Have you checked with the hotel is the obvious question. Most city hotels charge 30 or so a night. How many nights? SFBestparking is a start.

mobile.bestparking.com/app.php…

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
379 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Parking near Fishermans Wharf

Sorry 3 nights and yes I have sent them an email but no response as yet.

San Francisco
Level Contributor
36,629 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Parking near Fishermans Wharf

This hotel drives me bats! There is no where I've been able to locate (and I think it's my third time trying) their parking fee. Anyway, it's $40/night plus tax. Par for the course in the area. You aren't going to get THAT much cheaper in a public lot in the area. (Referencing the post above ... $30/night for hotel parking is exceedingly cheap. It usually starts about $40 and goes up, up, up from there.)

Biggest question back to you is: WHY did you organize an itinerary that includes a car in SF? That's the rookie mistake.

Edited: 01 September 2014, 02:06
Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
379 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Parking near Fishermans Wharf

Yep i am a rookie. I have a car the whole time I am in California (16 nights). Im driving up highway 1 to San Fran , onto Yosemite and on from there. thanks for your response

Santa Clara...
Level Contributor
18,009 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Parking near Fishermans Wharf

Short of paying $150 for parking, you can consider moving to a motel with parking. Columbus Motor Inn is nearby. Otherwise add the parking into your total costs. When I looked into staying around Union Sqaure in June, parking for the places I considered were about $30 per night if included as a package with the room rate.

Silicon Valley, Ca
Level Contributor
1,821 posts
53 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Parking near Fishermans Wharf

Can you turn in the car when you arrive in SF and get a new one when you leave. I would think 2 weekly rates combined would be no more and possibly less than a 16 day rental, while saving $150 for parking.

San Francisco
Level Contributor
36,629 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Parking near Fishermans Wharf

Perhaps you could modify your itinerary and go from Monterey to Yosemite, then on to SF and turn in the car.

I'm on a crusade. No one would consider making a road trip itinerary with NYC in the middle. The same should be said for SF.

United Kingdom
Destination Expert
for Mauritius, Grand Baie
Level Contributor
20,372 posts
1,663 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Parking near Fishermans Wharf

I think most people plan a California trip with rental car where you might pick the car up at the airport in LA and then drop it off in SF. If you book with rental agencies in the UK in advance the price tends to be cheaper and of course you have the car to take you back to the airport and not rely on Shuttles or BART etc. Also many people like the convenience of a car to take them back to the airport where they have shopped along the trip and the suitcases get heavier and heavier.

Returning to the question, I used ParkingPanda recently to find parking in SF and found it better than BestParking. You should be able to get parking for about $80 within 500 metres of the hotel you are staying in.

https://www.parkingpanda.com/