We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Is it safe to ride bart at 6 am. From hayward to sf

4 posts
Save Topic
Is it safe to ride bart at 6 am. From hayward to sf

Above

San Francisco Bay
Level Contributor
3,106 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Is it safe to ride bart at 6 am. From hayward to sf

Yes.

San Francisco...
Destination Expert
for San Francisco
Level Contributor
52,823 posts
149 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Is it safe to ride bart at 6 am. From hayward to sf

#NOTTWITTER or #textmessage

Stay in sf to see sf

Edited: 02 September 2014, 03:58
Santa Clara...
Level Contributor
21,628 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Is it safe to ride bart at 6 am. From hayward to sf

how are you getting to the BART station and from where? Yes safe as it will be full of commuters. are you a local or visiting someone in Hayward?

4 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Is it safe to ride bart at 6 am. From hayward to sf

I am driving to Bart , but 6 am is still really dark, and there are a lot of crimes in Bart station in hayward

San Francisco...
Destination Expert
for San Francisco
Level Contributor
2,580 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Is it safe to ride bart at 6 am. From hayward to sf

Different Bart stations have different crime statistics and I'm not sure that most people in San Francisco forum will be aware of any problems surrounding that station since most know more about SF than Hayward unless they live there. I can't think of any regulars that live in that area right away. Bart itself will be fine and will likely be full of tired/sleepy commuters at that time of morning.

I'm sure the local police department and Bart Police will have crime statistics for the local area, but I don't imagine early morning (6 am) crime problems will be as common as late night problems--though I suppose they can happen.

Edited: 02 September 2014, 15:16
San Jose, California
Destination Expert
for California
Level Contributor
16,132 posts
111 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Is it safe to ride bart at 6 am. From hayward to sf

I did a quick survey of local news, blogs, etc. and I came up with quite a bit about car break-ins and car thefts at the Hayward BART station, but I don't know if it is more severe than average - car thefts and break-ins are pretty common anyway. For personal crimes, I saw reports of some robberies and a couple shootings - none were in the early morning hours though. That time if day, you should be with other commuters just going to work.

San Francisco...
Level Contributor
1,777 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Is it safe to ride bart at 6 am. From hayward to sf

Yes it is safe to take BART at 6 AM from the Hayward station. But is the real question is it safe to park there? Perhaps you'd like to park at another BART station. Or have a taxi take you to the BART station.

4 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: Is it safe to ride bart at 6 am. From hayward to sf

Thank you all, i parked underground, and there are a lot of commuters, plus 2 police cars by the entrance, and yea it's safe, thank you all. :)

Santa Clara...
Level Contributor
21,628 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Is it safe to ride bart at 6 am. From hayward to sf

Good to hear you made it ok. I was going to pull crime data but looks like november did already. I know folks who commute from the East Bay and they do take care with their belonging in the car. BART police can't be everywhere.

Edited: 02 September 2014, 17:41
4 posts
Save Reply
10. Re: Is it safe to ride bart at 6 am. From hayward to sf

I cant believe there are still so many good people like you guys.