We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Ideas for mums birthday

Uk
Level Contributor
112 posts
Save Topic
Ideas for mums birthday

Hi

We will be visiting SF for 6 days for our daughters wedding on15th Nov however on the 14th it will be grandmas 66th birthday any suggestions for a birhday treat/suprise other than just a meal out.

1. Re: Ideas for mums birthday

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post either because the author requested it, or because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum guidelines.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 16 September 2006, 13:08
Los Altos...
Level Contributor
6,111 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Ideas for mums birthday

Perhaps you'd like to take her on a bay cruise over brunch via Hornblower Yachts. The U.S.S Potomac, FDR's presidential yacht, also does cruises, albeit, with box lunch, not a hot meal.

Perhaps theater? ACT has Lillian Hellman's "Little Foxes," Berkeley Rep has "Passing Strange," and of course there is the ongoing, campy music revue, "Beach Blanket Babylon."

Maybe you'd like to take her on a novelty city tour, such as the Fire Truck Tour or the Bay Quackers, which goes to parts of the city, then into the Bay for a short spin (this would not take the place of a bay cruise, however).

San Francisco
Level Contributor
2,828 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Ideas for mums birthday

The Hornblower cruise may be a good idea. It depends on her preferences (obviously) but many people quite enjoy them.

If you could give us an idea of what she may like or a possible price range or something you have in mind, it would be very helpful in narrowing down our suggestions. : )

Uk
Level Contributor
112 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Ideas for mums birthday

Thanks for suggestions, I am edging towards the lunch cruise or maybe a trip to the Napa valley however does this take all day on a tour or can we do a half day tour.

Los Altos...
Level Contributor
6,111 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Ideas for mums birthday

Here is the one of the cruises:

http://www.hornblower.com/

I just realized that the the Potomac is run by a non-profit organization and does not run every day. Turns out that the cruise to Angel Island is on your daughter's weding day.

Sacramento, CA
Destination Expert
for Sacramento
Level Contributor
4,170 posts
41 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Ideas for mums birthday

This may be a little like home for you but how about Saturday afternoon Tea at the Palace Hotel. See www.sfpalace.com

Uk
Level Contributor
112 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Ideas for mums birthday

Thanks for the ideas I love the SF palace it would be perfect for my daughters wedding meal, so I will keep you posted.

8. Re: Ideas for mums birthday

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 23 August 2009, 23:16