We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

romantic hotel help

chicago
Level Contributor
61 posts
11 reviews
Save Topic
romantic hotel help

I saw a post up earlier about a romantic boutique hotel. I am looking for something similar for my wife and I. Our kids are off to summer camp for a couple of weeks in early June and we are flatlanders from Chicago looking for a getaway in SF without kids for a the first time in a LONG TIME. I differ from the earlier post in that my budget is higher. I am willing to splurge to get something memorable for a long weekend (Thursday to Monday) with great views, terrific service, very special (not sure what I need to spend to get there, but while I could probably get to $500 or so per night if the accomodations were worth it (we went to London several years ago and stayed at the Dorchester after extensive research on Tripadvisor, it was a ton of $$ but worth it as we have great memories from that trip and the hotel). Any help would be appreciated. Thanks!

San Francisco
Level Contributor
2,828 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: romantic hotel help

I am first going to recommend the Hotel Vitale to you as well, however, with your budget, you can afford one of the panoramic suites which I think you will find utterly fantastic! We stayed in one just as a romantic night out even though we live here and we absolutely LOVED it. Check out the photos on the hotel's website to see what they look like. You will have stunning panoramic views of which are stunning. There is a big tub that fits two. We are Four Seasons regulars in many cities and we think this hotel is great if that says anything in comparison to my tastes. http://www.hotelvitale.com/

Other hotels I highly recommend:

The Four Seasons

The Mandarin Oriental (excellent views)

The St. Regis

Erie, Pennsylvania
Level Contributor
1,197 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: romantic hotel help

I also have stayed in a panoramic suite at the vitale and as Saks says, it was spectacular. Very romantic.

Level Contributor
35,434 posts
899 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: romantic hotel help

Hotel Vitale is also walking distance to the great Ferry Market Building. Boulevard is excellent for dinner and is right across the street from the Hotel Vitale. Have a great time and please report back after your travels! :)

Easton, Pa.
Level Contributor
643 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: romantic hotel help

Another vote cast for the Vitale. We'll be there for 6 nights in October, wouldn't think of staying anywhere else !!!

We love the Boulevard restaurant across the street from the Vitale entrance and the Slanted Door restaurant in the Ferry Building across the Embarcadero.

As Saks mentioned check out the Hotel Vitale web-site, they recently upgraded their virtual tours and it will give you a real good look at what they offer.

5. Re: romantic hotel help

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 19 August 2009, 13:18