We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

New Streetcar Museum Now Open at Ferry Bldg!

Los Altos...
Level Contributor
6,111 posts
24 reviews
Save Topic
New Streetcar Museum Now Open at Ferry Bldg!

One of my favorite writers at the San Francisco Chronicle has a feature about the brand-new Market Street Railway Museum, a celebration of the historic streetcars.

Tourists and locals know this as the F-Line cars that ply Market Street from the Castro all the way to the Ferry Building, and up the Embarcadero to Fisherman's Wharf:

If you don't make a stop at the Ferry Building for the food, or the vies or the strolling, it's worth it for it for the history:

sfgate.com/cgi-bin/article.cgi…

Erie, Pennsylvania
Level Contributor
1,197 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: New Streetcar Museum Now Open at Ferry Bldg!

thanks BtB!

Reading, England
Level Contributor
158 posts
56 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: New Streetcar Museum Now Open at Ferry Bldg!

Thanks for that will make sure I check it out when I'm there next.

Level Contributor
35,969 posts
904 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: New Streetcar Museum Now Open at Ferry Bldg!

Thanks for posting the info, we'll check it out next time we're at the Ferry Building. An already great place gets even better! :)

--
Level Contributor
3,722 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: New Streetcar Museum Now Open at Ferry Bldg!

Just to make sure that there's no confusion, the new San Francisco Railway Museum is actually across the "street" (if you can call the Embarcadero a street) from the Ferry Building at 77 Steuart Street. A map showing the location can be found here:

<http://maps.google.com/maps?f=q&hl=en&q=77+steuart,+san+francisco&ie=UTF8&om=1&z=15&iwloc=A>

Los Altos...
Level Contributor
6,111 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: New Streetcar Museum Now Open at Ferry Bldg!

Good catch, Caffiend. Sorry for the inaccuracy, folks, I read that article too fast. Stop at the Ferry Building stop and find the time to walk across the street.

6. Re: New Streetcar Museum Now Open at Ferry Bldg!

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 27 August 2009, 01:20