We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Merry Xmas

Down Under
Destination Expert
for San Francisco
Level Contributor
7,640 posts
28 reviews
Save Topic
Merry Xmas

Merry Xmas and a great new year to everyone on the San Francisco Forum.

And to all those who call it Frisco as well !

San Francisco...
Level Contributor
4,673 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: Merry Xmas

Tim C., who I believe wrote the Following [posted to rec.travel.europe], doesn't quite speak for me but he's close enough:

«From me ("the wishor") to you ("hereinafter called the wishee").

Please accept without obligation, implied or implicit, my best wishes for an environmentally conscious, socially responsible, politically correct, low stress, non-addictive, gender neutral,celebration of the winter solstice holiday, practiced within themost enjoyable traditions of the religious persuasion of yourchoice, or secular practices of your choice, with respect for thereligious/secular persuasions and/or traditions of others, ortheir choice not to practice religious or secular traditions at all.

a financially successful, personally fulfilling and medically uncomplicated recognition of the onset of the generally accepted calendar year 2007, but with due respect for the calendars of choice of other cultures or sects whose contributions to society have helped make the European Union great, (not to imply that the European Union is necessarily greater than any other union or is the only "EUROPEAN UNION" in the western hemisphere), and having regard to the race, creed, colour, age, physical ability, religious faith, choice of computer platform or dietary preference of the wishee.

«By accepting this greeting you are bound by these terms that-

This greeting is subject to further clarification or withdrawal. This greeting is freely transferable provided that no alteration shall be made to the original greeting and that the proprietary rights of the wishor are acknowledged. This greeting implies no promise by the wishor to actually implement any of the wishes. This greeting may not be enforceable in certain jurisdictions and/or the restrictions herein may not be binding upon certain wishees in certain jurisdictions and is revocable at the sole discretion of the wishor. This greeting is warranted to perform as reasonably may be expected within the usual application of good tidings, for a period of one year or until the issuance of a subsequent holiday greeting, whichever comes first. The wishor warrants this greeting only for the limited replacement of this wish or issuance of a new wish at the sole discretion of the wishor Any references in this greeting to "the Lord", "Father Christmas", "Our Saviour", or any other festive figures, whether actual orfictitious, dead or alive, shall not imply any endorsement by or from them in respect of this greeting, and all proprietary rights in any referenced third party names and images are hereby acknowledged.

«All seplling and grammar errors are international.»

San Francisco
Level Contributor
2,828 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Merry Xmas

Merry Christmas Oskar! ...and to all of the rest of you. I wish you and yours a happy and healthy holiday and new year.

Los Altos...
Level Contributor
6,111 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Merry Xmas

Merry Christmas, Oskar! Gee, it must be Christmas Eve for you today.

San Francisco...
Level Contributor
2,861 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Merry Xmas

Merry Christmas Oskar! I always enjoy your level headed posts. Thanks for sending the sun back to our hemisphere, as well. We can always use the heat, with our coolish climate, in SF.

5. Re: Merry Xmas

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 21 August 2009, 02:20