We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Green Tortoise Hostel

Edinburgh
Level Contributor
227 posts
68 reviews
Save Topic
Green Tortoise Hostel

Hi

Does anyone have any info on the Green Tortoise Hostel in the city? I've checked the reviews on here but to be honest I'm not sure how much I trust them (not that I am suggesting hostel owners would post their own reviews... ahem...). I was thinking of booking a private room for four or five nights but I've read elsewhere negative stories about Green Tortoise more generally as well as this hostel.

Any locals/experienced visitors got any info?

Thanks

Santa Cruz...
Destination Expert
for Santa Cruz
Level Contributor
32,170 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Green Tortoise Hostel

In addition to this forum try the Lonley Panet Thorntree forum. There are quite a few people there who are familiar with the hostel scene in San Francisco.

Erie, Pennsylvania
Level Contributor
1,197 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Green Tortoise Hostel

Green tortoise is the perfect hostel if you are into the party hippy stoner scene (not knockin it, used to be a part of it). location is great, they have free breakfast and free dinner 3 nights a week and sometimes even free beer. warning: dont go if youre allergic to patchouli oil. I think they even organize day trips-hiking, biking, that sort of thing if youre into it. The private rooms are in a separate building around the corner-a north beach apartment building, with roof deck and great bay views.

3. Re: Green Tortoise Hostel

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 21 August 2009, 05:26