We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

california redwoods trip help

California
Level Contributor
1,940 posts
109 reviews
Save Topic
california redwoods trip help

I am planning a trip next summer to the Redwoods in Northern California

I am planning on taking Hwy 299 from Redding and follow the Trinity River

I would like to see Fern Canyon, Lady Bird Johnson Grove, and whatever else is recommended

I am not sure where I should stay,

should I stay in Crescent City and drive down to areas for day trips or should I split my time in between places like Orick and Crescent City?

I do plan on spending a night or two in Mendocino on my way back down the coast

thank you for any input

Mentioned in this post
California
California
United States
Redding
Redding
California
Crescent City
Crescent City
California
Mendocino
Mendocino
Mendocino County, CA
No. California
Level Contributor
448 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: california redwoods trip help

If you don't get replies, you may want to post this to the Mendocino forum or the Sonoma County forum.

When in Mendocino take time to visit the small but beautiful redwood grove called Montgomery Woods. It is a 25 min drive from Mendo but worth it.

Mentioned in this post
Mendocino
Mendocino
Mendocino County, CA
Sonoma County
Sonoma County
California
2. Re: california redwoods trip help

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 21 August 2009, 13:19