We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Romantic trip for 2

Charleston, South...
Level Contributor
14 posts
6 reviews
Save Topic
Romantic trip for 2

My husband and I will be taking a 7-10 day trip to Saipan in late summer/early fall. Because of his job, we haven't spent much time together over the last year.

I am trying to find a place to stay and these are some of the things we like in a hotel or resort in no particular order: has fun adult activities, has night activities or not far from the nightlife of the city or shows, possible meal plan (or all-inclusive with drinks if that is an option, because we do enjoy drinking), snorkeling close by, relaxing, nice pool area, nice beach area and possibly not too many children, since we will use this trip to "rekindle" us. Is there anywhere that has all of the above or most of the above? Any help you could give me with this would be greatly appreciated? Thanks so much everyone!! :)

Mentioned in this post
Saipan
Saipan
Northern Mariana Islands, Mariana Islands
Chamorro in Saipan
Level Contributor
23 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Romantic trip for 2

Hafa Adai,

I'm pleased to learn of you and your husband's plan to visit our island of Saipan. At this time, I can think of one major hotel that will meet all your needs but can't guarantee their won't be too many children. I recommend the Hyatt Regency Saipan at www.saipan.regency.hotel.com or check out its recently opened elegant Health & Fitness Spa at …hyatt.com/hyatt/…index.jsp. The Hyatt also houses a Las Vegas style show called SandCastle. I just assisted a couple checked in yesterday for $155.00 per night with ocean view, breakfast and evening cocktail included.

The hotel is situated on a beach front property and adjacent to a WWII National Memorial Park on the beach also and perfect for snorkeling, windsurfing, jetskiing, waterboarding, swimming, etc. On Thursday nights, there is a Street Market beginning at 6:00 p.m. serving local and international food and crafts.

Located in the heart of the tourist district and is only minutes (3-5 minutes) walk to the nightlife activites. I recommend you visit the following bars and clubs: Orchids Bar, God Father's Bar, Oceans Bar, The Flair, Johnny's Bar and for closing (before 2:00 a.m.) visit the Body in Motion Club or for dancing visit the GIG Discoteque. I know these entertainment places because I've been there.

Let me know if this does not meet your needs and I'll come up with other option(s). Thank you for planing to visit our islands and hope your stay would be a memoriable one. Enjoy!

Mentioned in this post
Saipan
Saipan
Hyatt Regency Saipan
Hyatt Regency Saipan
735 Reviews
Saipan, Mariana Islands
Charleston, South...
Level Contributor
14 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Romantic trip for 2

Thank you so much for your response. It is hard to find what you are looking for when you are unfamiliar with the local rea. I appreciate all of your help. Have a great day! :)

Kobe, Japan
Level Contributor
3,520 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Romantic trip for 2

We (family of 5) just visited Saipan a couple of weeks ago. Like you, we live in Japan. We stayed at the Hyatt and found it to be very nice. There were some kids at the pool, but that's about the only place. However, the area outside of the hotel is very, very shabby, almost third-world like. Very cheap looking karaoke places and hostess bars. Japan has these kinds of areas, but the ones in Saipan were much more sleazy. Since JAL stopped flying about a year or two ago, the economy has apparently taken a nose dive. As we drove around the island one day, it seemed that at least half or more of the places of business were closed up. There are certainly some interesting historical places and the Hyatt is very nice. But, I think that if you're looking for some nice nightlife, you're going to be very disappointed.

One thing that we enjoyed was a day trip to Managaha island. It's about a 10-minute boat ride right from the beach at the Hyatt. We snorkeled and played on the beach, and it was fun.

All in all, we would go to Saipan again and stay at the Hyatt, as it's a nice warm break that is very close to Japan. But, not for more than 3 or 4 days and not for anything outside of the resort.

Mentioned in this post
Saipan
Saipan
Managaha Island
Managaha Island
906 Reviews
Saipan, Mariana Islands
Kobe, Japan
Level Contributor
3,520 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Romantic trip for 2

Don't mean to hog your thread, but after I posted the above I wanted to add some more. For a 7-10 day trip have you thought about Hawaii? We've done that a few times from Japan. There are thousands of choices in Hawaii that would fit all of the things that you are looking for. Just a thought.

Mentioned in this post
Charleston, South...
Level Contributor
14 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Romantic trip for 2

Thank you so much for your replies and suggestions. Certainly if 7-10 days would be too long, then maybe we need to consider other things, whether a split vacation or another location. I guess I was hoping to see more of the world, outside of the US, since we have the opportunity, although we have never been to Hawaii. Thanks for all of the ideas we haven't thought of and the things you have seen and/or done to help us in this area! :)

Kobe, Japan
Level Contributor
3,520 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Romantic trip for 2

I understand what you mean by trying out other places in the world. Since you're here in Asia, it might be fun to try something new. As for Hawaii, I would recommend Maui for a retreat like what you're looking for. It has the right combination of things to do and relaxed atmosphere. On the other hand, have you looked into Bali? We've never been, but other friends have and it seems interesting. Other places easy to get to from Japan would be Thailand and Vietnam.

Anyway, I hope that you find something nice.

Mentioned in this post
Bali
Bali
Indonesia
Charleston, South...
Level Contributor
14 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Romantic trip for 2

I have actually considered Bali. It looks so beautiful. I have not thought of Vietnam or Thailand and honestly do not know much about them. Thanks for the ideas and I will look into them as well. :) You have all been very helpful!

Mentioned in this post
Bali
Bali
Indonesia
parhump
Level Contributor
1,382 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: Romantic trip for 2

I know of a nice quiet little beach where I took young girls for Picnics and skinny dipping.

This was before you were born. But the beach is still there.

9. Re: Romantic trip for 2

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 25 September 2009, 17:18
Get answers to your questions about Saipan