We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Any Saipan questions?

San Diego
Level Contributor
156 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Any Saipan questions?

I'm living out in Saipan right now. If anyone has any questions about Saipan, Tinian or the CNMI just pm me or post it here.

350 replies to this topic
los angeles...
6 posts
Save Reply
21. Re: Any Saipan questions?

thank you so much sdnatives619

i appreciate your prompt response.

another question, how about the health care system? do they have public clinic? do they accommodate patients without health insurance? how about if you don't have the ability to pay right away?

in private clinics, do you know how much they charge for a regular check up?

thanks again for your attention.

you are very helpful.

more power!

San Diego
Level Contributor
156 posts
1 review
Save Reply
22. Re: Any Saipan questions?

I'm not sure about public health out here. I was in an accident before my insurance kicked in through work and I went to the hospital. They saw me even though I didn't have insurance. They were really good about working with me on the bill too and were ok with waiting until I was able to pay them.

los angeles...
6 posts
Save Reply
23. Re: Any Saipan questions?

thanks again for your prompt reply.

health care is one of my concerns because i have a 12 yr old son. but learning from your experience, i guess they are pretty much considerate. who knows when the feds took over, there might be some improvements.

India
5 posts
Save Reply
24. Re: Any Saipan questions?

I m in India. I want to visit Saipan for firstly visitor and then on student visa? What is the procedure?

San Diego
Level Contributor
156 posts
1 review
Save Reply
25. Re: Any Saipan questions?

The Feds are taking over the immigration, so I'm not sure what the new rules will be. I'm sure you will need a visa though.

los angeles...
6 posts
Save Reply
26. Re: Any Saipan questions?

Greetings!

if you are a U.S. Lawful Permanent Resident and you decide to reside in the CNMI, does this mean you are residing in the U.S. soil and do not have to worry about the residency requirement in the U.S. mainland?

thank you so much.

San Diego
Level Contributor
156 posts
1 review
Save Reply
27. Re: Any Saipan questions?

My wife is also a legal U.S. permanent citizen with a green card. Before we left we spoke to immigration and they told us that going to Saipan would not effect the time towards residency. I would recommend checking for yourself, but be sure to make it clear to them that Saipan is part of the U.S. The first person we spoke to at INS didn't know where Saipan was and told us it would interrupt her residency. But a later person there told us that that was incorrect.

los angeles...
6 posts
Save Reply
28. Re: Any Saipan questions?

THANK YOU VERY MUCH for your reply. I am writing to the secretary of homeland security in Washington, D.C. today to inquire about this very topic.

Thanks a lot.

los angeles...
6 posts
Save Reply
29. Re: Any Saipan questions?

Hi there

You mentioned that your wife is also a US lawful permanent resident with a green card, i have a question concerning her entry to the CNMI, did she travel with a ROUND TRIP ticket? Is it required by the CNMI immigration to have a round trip ticket for anyone entering their territory?

Same as your wife's legal status I am also a lawful permanent resident of the US with a green card and I am planning to go to Saipan next month and maybe I will stay there for good that is why I am planning to purchase a ONE WAY ticket only.

Under the current CNMI immigration law, do I have to present a ROUND TRIP ticket to be able to enter CNMI?

I'll appreciate it very much if you could advise on this one.

THANK YOU VERY VERY MUCH!

San Diego
Level Contributor
156 posts
1 review
Save Reply
30. Re: Any Saipan questions?

My wife arrived here with a one way ticket. I'm not sure whether it mattered that she was traveling with me - a US citizen who already had a job in the CNMI.

But your situation is different, so I would recommend contacting the government directly.

http://www.cnmi.net/government.php

Reply to: Any Saipan questions?
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Saipan