We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

San Antonio's Neighborhoods

Which Del Rio hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
California
1 post
Save Topic
San Antonio's Neighborhoods

I am looking for information on San Antonio's neighborhoods, Im looking to purchase a home in a good neighborhood with good schools not to far from town and away from rivers, please let me know what neighborhoods or areas to stay away from also, thank you for your time

San Antonio, TX
Destination Expert
for San Antonio
Level Contributor
7,425 posts
74 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: San Antonio's Neighborhoods

You'll probably get a better response on the San Antonio Forum - we've talked about these quite a bit. Good schools - Alamo Heights, in town old established neighborhoods, property taxes pretty high. Northside, good but suffering from rapid expansion which also means lots of traffic and new houses close together.

San Antonio, Texas
Level Contributor
1,548 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: San Antonio's Neighborhoods

if you have children that are middle school or high school age, then i suggest that you do not buy a house in the Reagan High or Bush Middle school territories for at least the next couple of years as these schools are "capped". Read this article: neisd.net/boundaries/…20Reagan_Bush.pdf

OO
San Antonio, Texas
Level Contributor
727 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: San Antonio's Neighborhoods

Yikes...what valuable information TexasHam. That would sure stop me from looking in that area if I had middle/high school aged kids!

texas
Level Contributor
2 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: San Antonio's Neighborhoods

Up by Thousannd Oaks drive near I-410 is nice, try to stay away from southeast.

Get answers to your questions about Del Rio
Recent Conversations