We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Suggestions for a weekend getaway...

Which Greeneville hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Morganton, North...
Level Contributor
5 posts
9 reviews
Save Topic
Suggestions for a weekend getaway...

I'm arranging a weekend getaway for my parents at a Bed and Breakfast in Greeneville as a Christmas gift. They will actually be going in the Spring. I'm trying to get suggestions for things they should see / do and restaurants. Part of the trip will be a visit to the Hot Springs about 1/2 an hour away, but I want to make sure that they don't get bored. They love exploring little towns, but too much walking will be a problem. As for restaurants, simple is better. They enjoy local 'dives' and simple food... if they can't pronounce it, they won't eat it.

Michigan
Level Contributor
426 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Suggestions for a weekend getaway...

The perfect town for your parents is Jonesborough. It is about 30 minutes northeast of Greeneville on 11E. There is a great restaurant in Hot Springs, just ask in town. Do a google on Jonesbourough. There is a lot of history in Greenville as well. Erwin is also a nice small town.

2. Re: Suggestions for a weekend getaway...

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post either because the author requested it, or because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum guidelines.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 18 December 2006, 12:50
Myrtle Beach
Level Contributor
447 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Suggestions for a weekend getaway...

Careful Tiger you don't want to offend TN people like I did on other topic. If your parents like little towns, maybe Sylva, Cashiers, Brevard, Tryon, NC you will find a few more things to do. Hot Springs has maybe 3 or 4 shops tops, couple restaurants (one I would call biker hangout on nice days-we were one of them) and the springs. Pretty location. Greeneville is a town, but not a small town like you are looking for your parents.

4. Re: Suggestions for a weekend getaway...

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 19 August 2009, 01:15
Get answers to your questions about Greeneville